Soulmates [Wroetostar]

Prompt: Wroetostar? Soulmate AU where Punk Harry & Pastel Vikk get paired up for a drama project. They despise each other but with their first touch realize that they're soulmates. "No, no, HE can't be my soulmate"

Punk Harry and Pastel Vik are paired together for a drama project. 

Word Count: 2162

~✖~

There was a boy, he had his ears pierced, a piercing in his eyebrow and a lot of tattoos; he played football and had a group of friends, they were the bad boys. There was another boy, he wore flowers in his hair; he loved painting, drawing, writing poetry and taking pictures and he only had one friend. 

It's a Wednesday, Vik thinks, when Cal Freezy grabs him by the collar and drags him behind the school, shoving him up against the wall. Cal bought his face close to Vik's, so close that the smaller boy could smell the cigarette smoke on his breath.

"It's like you want me to bother you," he whispered against Vik's ear, "I mean, look at you. Such an ugly little freak."

Then Cal's fist connected with his stomach, sending him to the concrete. He reached down and grabbed Vik's hair, yanking out his flower crown and pulling his face close. "Fucking pathetic," he spat, dropping Vik back to the ground. 

Vik forced himself to stand and gingerly lifted a hand to his head - he had a throbbing headache. He slowly staggered towards his next class.

Luckily he shared his next class with Josh Bradley, his best, and only friend. He hated drama lessons with a passion, he didn't understand why drama was a part of the school curriculum.

Unfortunately, he also shared his next class with Simon Minter and Harry Lewis, two of the three boys he was utterly terrified of. After nearly 5 years of being bullied by the same group, the sight of just one of the boys made him sick to the stomach. Vik ducked his head down and hid his face when he entered the classroom.

"Fucking hell, Freezy wasn't kidding when he said he'd fucked Flower Boy up!" Simon 'whispered' loudly to Harry, causing the whole class to hear. Chairs scraped against the ground as what seemed like the entire class turned around to get a look at Vik's bruised face.

Vik sighed. He buried his eyes in his arms and rested his head on the table. "Fuck off!" Josh yelled loudly, aware of how uncomfortable Vik was probably feeling right now. His voice dropped to a whisper. "You alright?"

The younger boy nodded, pressing a hand to his stomach. He straightened his legs and grimaced, the pain in his stomach almost unbearable. 

Vik sighed, Josh was still ecstatic after finding his soulmate and he didn't want to spoil his best friend's happiness. The moment he had brushed Freya's hand, both their eyes widened as if fire had melted over their skin. Vik wondered what it felt like, to touch the one person who completed you.

He hadn't even noticed the teacher walk into the room. Josh nudged him gently in the shoulder, causing Vik to reluctantly lift his head from the desk.

"Okay, class," Mr Smith stood behind his desk, rifling through a pile of papers. "We'll be starting a new project today. You will be working in pairs and it counts towards your final grade." Immediately, the classroom exploded in chatter. People glanced to their friends, mentally deciding that they'd work together. "QUIET!" The teacher slammed his hands onto the desk and the room fell silent. "I will be assigning your partners for you, so don't get too excited."

The class groaned before falling silent again. Vik's throat went dry. There was no way he'd be paired with Josh; the thought of being paired with anyone other than his friend made him want to throw up.