Trapped [Ksimon]

JJ has been ignoring Simon for weeks after he chose his girlfriend over his best friend. The two boys get trapped in an elevator together and JJ calms Simon down after an anxiety attack.

Word Count: 1293

~✖~

JJ and Simon were best friends. 'Were' being the key word here. A few years ago, JJ found Simon's Youtube channel and invited him to join the Sidemen and since then, the pair became best friends. That was until a week ago when they admitted their love for each other. 

It all happened on a Saturday night when Simon got a glimpse of how jealous JJ was that he had a new girlfriend. Simon put it all the pieces together and within a matter of minutes they were naked in JJ's bed. It was both boys best weekend of their lives. But then Sunday came, and Simon went back to his girlfriend.

JJ had no idea what made Simon leave him. He just knew that Simon stopped talking to him and that's it. In fact, they hadn't spoken to each other all week. JJ was heartbroken and Simon, well, he was confused.

They couldn't hide from each other forever though because after filming a football video with the rest of the Sidemen, they found themselves alone in Ethan's apartment in the Stratford Halo as the rest of the guys went to Ikea to buy Ethan a new desk. This was a set up to get them alone, they knew it. 

JJ didn't want to stick around to hear what Simon had to say though, so he walked towards the lift with Simon following at a distance. They both walked into the lift, standing at different sides and the doors closed. They were alone for the first time in a week. 

Jide just wanted the thirty second elevator ride to end so he could go on ignoring Simon. Simon on the other hand desperately wanted to speak to JJ, but he was unsure if he would listen to his pathetic excuses.

"Hurry the fuck up." JJ whispered to himself. The lift was taking it's sweet time. Simon glanced at the younger boy guiltily. He knew he had hurt him by going back to his girlfriend, but he had no choice. His girlfriend was madly in love with him and he didn't want to break her heart, even though he was breaking his own and JJ's in the process.

Suddently the lift jolted to a stop and the lights flickered before turning off completely. They were left in complete darkness. JJ and Simon both gripped the railings, steadying themselves. Why there were railings in an lift, they didn't know.

"What the hell was that?" Simon asked in fear. He had always had a phobia of both lifts and enclosed spaces. A thirty second ride was okay, but now that the elevator had stopped, he was scared.

JJ took out his phone and used it as a light as he walked to the front of the lift and pushed some of the floor buttons, but none of them lit up. He picked up the emergency phone line and pressed the customer service button. It started ringing meaning the phone lines at least hadn't been cut. Finally, someone answered.

"Hello, please state you problem." The cheery girl said on the other end.

"Uh yeah, I'm in the lift, well obviously, and the power went out." JJ was unsure of what to say in the situation.

"That's the second time that's happened today, I'll call maintenance back. Sit tight and we should have you out within a few hours," she explained. The line went dead and JJ hung up. He turned to Simon who heard the whole conversation. 

"No, no, no. I cannot stay here for that long. I-I can't." Simon panicked. 

JJ was worried about Simon, yet part of him wanted to make him suffer, so he didn't go to check on him, instead he sat against the opposite wall. Simon himself slid down the wall and tried to make his breathing go regular. They were sitting there for about half an hour in absolute silence before JJ spoke up.

"Why did you go back to her?" He asked. The pain was showing in his voice and it made Simon feel like shit.

"I don't know. I didn't want to hurt her." Simon replied.

"Well you hurt me!" JJ snapped. This just made Simon feel 10 times worse. He swore he would never hurt JJ, but he did.

"I can't do this." Simon said, standing up. He ran over to the emergency phone and picked it up, but it just had an automatic message playing over and over again telling them they'll be rescued soon. His hands starting shaking and his breathing went shallow.

"Let me out!" Simon shouted and bashed the elevator door with his fists.

"Si, calm down." JJ exclaimed. Simon ignored him though. He started clawing at the door, trying to pry it open. He felt like he was suffocating in there.

"Simon!" JJ shouted sternly. He clutched Simon's arm and spun him around. He held onto both flailing wrists, pinning them to each side of Simon's head. Simon was in the middle of an anxiety attack and being held there by JJ wasn't helping.

"Breathe." JJ said calmly. Simon wasn't listening though. He felt as though the walls were closing in on him, although in reality they weren't moving at all.

"Simon," JJ said again and let go of his wrists. He cupped Simon's cheeks in his hands and brushed his thumbs along them. "Breathe. In..." He said and demonstrated to Simon how to breathe. Simon copied him, taking a deep breath. "And out." JJ said as they both breathed out.

"Thank you," Simon whispered.

"Are you okay?" JJ asked. Simon nodded his head slowly. He overcame the claustrophobia and now he had a whole new problem. Olajide, the man who he had been avoiding all week, was standing incredibly close to him and looking into his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone back to her, but I was just scared." Simon said.

When JJ didn't say or do anything, Simon went to do the one thing he had been craving to do all week. He darted his head forward, then stopped. He was going to kiss him, but what if JJ didn't want it anymore? Simon's lips were so close to JJ's. 

JJ took the initiative to close the gap, kissing him. Every single emotion from the last week came out in that kiss. JJ's anger, Simon's guilt, both of their longing for each other. 

Their lips moved in sync and fitted as though they were made for each other. JJ put his arms around Simon's waist and pulled him onto his lap so he was literally straddling him. JJ's embrace was warm and gentle, and he held Simon close to his chest. He ran his fingers through Simon's hair and tugged slightly, causing a quiet moan to escape from his lips through the kiss.

After what seemed like hours, but in reality, was no more than a few minutes, a buzzing noise filled the elevator. The two boys pulled apart, lips red and swollen from the kiss and Simon, still sat on JJ's lap, gazed up at Jide, wearing a slightly stunned expression.

Daylight spilled into the elevator when the doors of the lift were finally open, revealing two maintenance men, accompanied by a smug looking Josh. 

"Did we interrupt something?" He asked, suggestively waggling his eyebrows when the two boys stood up and left the elevator. They began to walk towards Ethan's apartment where the other Sidemen were presumably waiting and the maintenance men blocked off the elevator.

Simon blushed, his cheeks burning scarlet and JJ shrugged. "Don't know what you're talking about bro," he replied.

JJ caught Simon's eye as they were walking and winked, causing Simon to grin in response. Maybe elevators weren't so bad after all.

Please send me any prompts/requests you have! ☺