Breakeven [Behzerka]

Ethan hates it when the Sidemen fight. Following a dispute between the guys about who's the leader of the group, Ethan can't handle the shouting and doesn't want to be involved.

Word Count: 733 Words

~✖~

Ethan hates fights, especially fights where there's a lot of screaming. He hates them more than anything. Every time the guys get into a fight, he just walks away - well, technically, he runs away - and waits until it's all over. 

But lately, the fights are getting worse and he just can't stand it. He feels like an idiot every time he runs away, but he really hates arguing with anyone. Ever since his girlfriend left him, he swore he would never get into arguments or start them.

But he's finally reached his breaking point when one fight finally gets out of control.

"Stop being such an egotistical asshole, Josh!" Simon screams. "This isn't just your group! This is our group!"

"I'm the one who started it!" Josh shouts back. "It's my choice as to what I want to do with this group!"

"To hell it is!" Tobi cuts in. "We're meant to be a team! Stop being a twat and grow the hell up!"

"You're telling me to grow up?!"

"Yes he is, you dickhead!" Harry cries.

Ethan sits there with his hands covering his ears as the arguing continues. Why do they always have to fight over who is the leader of the Sidemen? That's not fair on his part. He doesn't care about any leaders; he just wants his friends to stop fighting and get along. 

They know how much he hates it when they scream and fight, but they don't seem to truly care. If they did, they would stop.

"This is fucking ridiculous!" JJ screams. "Ethan, who do you think is the rightful leader of the Sidemen?"

No, Ethan thinks. Please don't involve me in this.

"Why pull him into this?" Tobi interrupts. "You know that he hates getting involved in fights!"

"He hates fights in general, idiot!" Vik adds. "So stop yelling!"

"HOW ABOUT YOU STOP YELLING FIRST?!"

"ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP!"

Slam!

The six boys all look at the front door, then at the spot where Ethan was on the couch. He isn't there anymore.

"Shit," they all say simultaneously.

Ethan runs out of the Sidemen house and starts running down the street, until he reaches the park. He opens the gate, sits against a wall and brings his knees up to his chest. Wrapping his arms around his legs, he starts sobbing. 

He is such a baby sometimes. Why does he have to always cry about something as stupid as these petty little fights? He really is pathetic.

"Ethan?" a soft voice calls out. He looks up to see Josh standing a few feet away from him, apprehensive to approach the younger boy. Ethan puts his head back down and hides his face from his friend. He hates it when people see him cry. "Are you still going to talk to me?" Josh continues. 

Ethan doesn't respond. He sighs and runs over to Ethan. He tackles him, and shrieking and cackling is heard amidst the tickling of the younger Sideman.

"J-Josh! S-s-stop!" Ethan begs while howling with laughter.

"Never!" Josh shouts. He continues tickling Ethan until he is complaining of his ribs hurting from laughing so hard. Ethan wipes away some more tears while still laughing. Josh rubs his back which gives the younger boy the offer to lie his head on Josh's shoulder.

"I'm really sorry, mate," Josh mumbles, patting Ethan's knees. "We never meant to make you so upset, I didn't think it would escalate up to that point," he adds, guiltily.

"It's fine," Ethan mutters. "I just couldn't take all the screaming. I guess I seem like a baby from running out like that."

"Not at all," Josh reassures. "You shouldn't feel bad because you don't like it when people scream."

"It's a stupid thing for someone like me to be so upset about." Josh shakes his head and pulls Ethan into a tight hug. Ethan has tears stream down his face.

"Why are you crying?" Josh asks, concern lacing his words. Ethan laughs a little as he wipes his tears away.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just happy."

"About what?"

"Because I love you guys!" Josh grins and pulls Ethan closer to him.

"Love you too," Josh replies, beaming from ear to ear. "We all love you so much, we're so lucky to have you as part of the Sidemen."

Life doesn't get any better than this.