Monster Munch [Minizerk]

Simon and JJ are staying in California for VIDCON. Simon gets bored while editing and decides to walk around the hotel to pass the time. He stumbles across a vending machine, and refuses to go back to his hotel room without the packet of Monster Munch that he paid good money for. 

Word Count: 1747

~✖~

"Decisions, decisions," Simon hummed to himself as he looked over the vending machine, trying to decide which snack was worthy of his money. 

To say that Simon was hungry would be a complete understatement. He was absolutely starving. As it had passed midnight, room service in the hotel was no longer available. Simon and his best friend JJ were staying at a hotel in Southern California, ready for the first day of VIDCON tomorrow. Simon had finished filming another video for his gaming channel that morning and was determined to finish editing it, so that he could schedule the video to upload during his Meet and Greet tomorrow.

He had decided to take a break from editing, and resorted to aimlessly walking round the hotel to distract himself from how bored he was of editing. Then as he turned a corner, he was met with said vending machine and it was as if his night had just gotten 50 times better. 

And here Simon was, deciding what snack he could devour as he finished off his editing.

After a few moments of thinking, he decided on the bright purple packet of pickled onion Monster Munch crisps. He jammed the various coins into the machine and pressed the number 3, the slot where said packet of crips was situated. He watched as the coils turned in agonising slowness until they suddenly stopped, the corner of the bag still clutching at the coil.

"Fuck. No no no!" he whispered in anger. He gripped the sides of the machine and shook it as hard as he could. The packet of crisps continued to defiantly hold onto the coil. "Oh come on! I've been editing for hours. I don't deserve this!" He attempted to free the packet once again, but was met with another failure. They simply wouldn't budge. 

He then proceeded to plunge his hand back into his pocket and found them empty. He couldn't even try to buy something else. He kicked the machine in frustration but immediately regretted it as his foot was consumed with pain. He clutched his foot and whispered several obscenities as the crisp packet swayed behind the glass. Simon narrowed his eyes at the dangling bag. It was as if the packet was mocking him by how it clung to the coil by one corner, and the way the bag was swaying made the foil sound like metallic laughter.

"Oh. Think you're funny, huh?" He asked the crisps, as if it the packet could hear him. The packet continued to teeter, held into place by the non-moving metal coil. He narrowed his eyebrows. "You're coming with me whether you like it or not."

With that, Simon glanced around to make sure no one was looking. Seeing that the whole corridor of the hotel was clear, he knelt down and stuck his right arm up through the slot of the vending machine, where the snacks would fall out from. He wasn't even close to reaching the crisps.

Simon winced as he twisted his arm, trying desperately to reach the packet. "Just got to get the right angle," he mumbled to himself. With that, he shifted his body to the right and made his arm as straight as possible. He then proceeded to push up with his feet, until his shoulder allowed him to go no further. This method allowed his middle finger to barely graze the bag, but no matter how hard he stretched his fingers, he just couldn't grab it. 

He let out a sigh of frustration as he gave up. But as he began to remove his arm, he encountered a slight problem. He was stuck. 

Somewhere between his pushing and stretching he managed to wedge his shoulder in the slot, rendering him immobile. He screwed his eyes shut in disbelief.