09 (SE)

For a very long time, werewolves have been to known to be evil. It all started with a man named Joseph. He was very loyal to his king and country. He even wanted to join the war. The only thing stopping him is his health. No woman was willing to marry a sick man like him. A few years later, he decided to leave the country to prove that he is strong enough to join the war.

He conquered the mountains, crossed deadly rivers, camped in dark woods that no one dares to enter at night and finally came across a cave with a huge opening.

People always say, curiosity kills the cat but Joseph was willing to show that he was brave enough to enter the mysterious cave. The cave was deep and dark. However, Joseph determined to find out what was in the cave. He saw a dying white old wolf.

This wolf was no ordinary wolf. It was a spirit.

"I knew you would come. Sooner or later," the wolf said. Joseph stood in shock at the talking animal.

"I can give you what you always wanted, which is to never be weak and prove everyone to never underestimate you. However, there are side effects," the wise wolf continued.

Joseph said in a small timid voice, "I am willing to accept your offer."

The wolf stood up with shaky legs. Joseph took a few steps back.

"Are you sure? Once you accept, there is no turning back," the wolf warned.

"Yes," Joseph said, puffing his chest in confidence.

The wolf started to chant in a foreign language and then howl. The howl vibrated through the long cave, bringing goosebumps to Joseph's skin.

Joseph watched in fascination as the cave started to glow. Without a warning, the wolf ran towards him and pounced on him. Joseph stood there, waiting for the wolf to topple him over.

Instead, a huge wave of pain grew in his chest, spreading in his body slowly as well as painfully.

He knees became weak, forcing him on four legs. His hand turned into furry paws. He grew a snout and his vision was clearer. His cries of pain turned into whimpers and whines. When the pain finally left, he ran out of the cave and saw his reflection at the lack.

He saw himself as a wolf. The very same wolf as the old white wolf, except that he looked young and healthy.

Now we are one, a voice in his head said.

Joseph was the first werewolf in history.

Joseph returned to his village and became the head of his tribe a few years later. No one knew of his dark secret. He could have gotten any women he wanted but he decided to wait for his mate.

Mates are partners that are chosen by the Moon Goddess herself. Never in history have mates ever rejected each other. Though there were many cases of their mate passed away and the other half committed suicide.

The werewolf's soulmate is always human so they are allowed to know of their secret. All werewolves are related.

Joseph found his mate and had three children. From there, the number of werewolves began to increase. They share the same bloodline without even being aware of it.

Full moons are myth but silver bullets are always used to often kill rogues.

Rogues are usually werewolves who lost their mates. Losing their other half drives them towards insanity and their inner wolf would take over completely. They are ruthless as the human side disappears.