Vampire and Werewolf Captives

I sigh quietly. How am I going to bring Brad’s body back to the pack? I know that his family would appreciate knowing that he’s dead instead of missing forever.

“Mine,” I hear someone says.

My head snap at the cell opposite of Brad’s to see a figure, sitting on the floor, rocking slowly.

“My Beloved,” he says again, hoarsely.

I stand up and walk slowly towards him. I’m thankful that his cell is still locked so he couldn’t hurt me but I can.

“Sir, are you okay?” I ask softly.

The man flinches and turns towards me. The man snarls at me, showing his long fangs at me.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a vampire.

I jump back, startled. He stalks towards me until he touches the bar. The bar sizzles as the vampire lets out a shrill scream of pain. He quickly lets go of his hands, still hissing at me.

“You torturers! What else do you want, huh? You took everything from me. Everything!” he yells at me.

I can see that his eyes are clouded as if he is talking in his sleep.

“I’m not a werewolf, bloodsucker,” I yell back at him. I take a step back so I can leave him alone. It is clear that he doesn’t want my help and I don’t care.

“Wait,” he says, making me pause in my steps.

I stop with my back facing him.

I hear him take a deep breath before saying, “You are a hunter?”

“Yes,” I reply, still not moving.

“So you’re not one of them?” he asks, spitting out the word ‘them’.

I turn around to give him a weird look. “Do I look like one of them?”

He doesn’t look amused. “Maybe, maybe not,” he answers, shrugging his shoulder. “They took everything from me. My Beloved, my coven, everything. I have nothing left to live for.”

Silence.

“I need you to do me a favor, hunter,” he requests with pleading eyes.

“What?” I say coldly.

“Kill me,” he whispers. “There’s no point in living.”

I furrow my eyebrows. “Are you sure, vampire?”

He nods with hope in his eyes. “Please! They refused to kill me.”

I take out my gun and point it at his head.

He shakes his head and taps his chest. “A place to kill a vampire is the heart. Don’t you know that, hunter?”

I scowl at him as I reposition my gun at his heart. “I’m a werewolf hunter; not a vampire hunter.”

I am about to pull the trigger when he says, “Wait! I have to warn you! These werewolves had caught vampires and werewolves for a reason.”

“Yes, to make them immortal and bla bla bla.” I roll my eyes at that.

The vampire glares at me. “They created something better,” he says gravely.

His statement sobers me up. “What?”

“Listen, hunter. They create a new race of mixed vampire-werewolf creatures. Those who are bitten by those beasts are no longer themselves,” he explains with a dark look.

“Hybrids?” I ask dumbly.

He shrugs. “I don’t know. They’re just rumors but I have not seen it myself. Consider yourself warned, hunter.”