Shy Yet Deadly Person

“Where are the others?” I ask in a harsh tone. This is not the time to joke around. The boy starts to shake in fear again.

“In an abandoned prison in the middle of the woods not far from here,” he answers softly yet quickly.

I kneel down so I’m the same height as him. He can see the anger in my eyes and flinches away from me, trying to curl himself into a ball.

“Why did you kidnap hunters and werewolves?” I question, twirling the knife in my hand to show that he better answer.

His eyes widen before replying, “I don’t know! Alpha told us that he’s going to create a new species of werewolves. Giving us extraordinary strength and immortality.”

At the word ‘immortality’, my eyes widen in surprise. This Alpha is sick enough to do this. When I find this Alpha, I’m going to make sure he’ll surfer.

I smirk when I finally get the answers to my questions and stand up.

“What are we going to do with this, 116?” I ask, pointing at the cowering werewolf.

“Please! Show some mercy!” the rogue cries as he starts to shift back into a wolf, crying in his wolf form.

“We can either hand him over to an Alpha which would love some revenge or you can kill him yourselves. Which would you prefer, 116?” I ask, letting him decide.

116 takes a step so he is next to me. “With all respect, 85, I would prefer to end his life myself. I can spare him from more torture that is if we hand him to an Alpha. An Alpha would make this rogue suffer before killing.”

I nod and step back. “As you wish.”

I quickly walk up to meet Nate before I can hear the screams coming from the teenage boy’s mouth. A few long agonizing minutes later, the screams have finally come to an end.

I sign to Nate, What do you want to eat for dinner?

He shrugs. “Anything will do.” With that, he takes his phone out and starts to text with someone. That someone is most probably Gwen.

Nate is falling hard for Gwen. 116 then joins us. He looks so exhausted and he’s covered in blood.

“Wash up, 116. We’ll go for dinner at 8. Our treat,” I tell him, patting his shoulder.

116 nods in agreement and gives me a weak smile before running up to his room. I force Nate to take a shower before all of us head to a restaurant that 116 claims that this restaurant is his favorite.

It’s a miracle that 116 still hadn’t notice that Nate is deaf.

Nate and I order chicken chop and 116 order spaghetti. A few customers glance at Nate and I in curiosity. Maybe wondering why we’re wearing dark glasses at night. 116 didn’t seem to care about our shades. During dinner, we discuss techniques. We made sure that there are no werewolves around us when we are discussing though. 

“We’ll attack before the sun rise so they have no idea what’s coming,” 116 suggests. Nate is sitting next to me so he can read 116’s lips. The only problem is that now he can’t understand what I’m saying.

“Great idea. We’ll leave at about 6 am. Is this prison far?” I ask, taking a bite at the chicken chop.

116 shakes. “Not at all! I would say it will take 15 minutes to reach if we walk there.”

I grin. I hadn’t realize it’s so near to 116’s residency.

“I can’t believe they are sick enough to experiment on hunters as well. I mean, we are humans!” 116 exclaims.

I shake my head. “We are much stronger and faster since we’ve been training for years. I’m sure they have been wondering how did we manage to kill them easily, 116.”

116 shoots me a curious glance. “How did you know that a werewolf has been captured?”

I shrug. “A pack in MeadowFalls has lost a pack warrior. The Alpha and I had come to an agreement. If you hadn’t kill that rogue, I would have hand him to that Alpha.”

116 nods thoughtfully. “I haven’t come across a pack before.”

“This is our first actually.”

The three of us eat in silence until 116 whispers to me, “86 isn’t much of a talker, is he?”

I give him a mischievous grin.

“Let’s just say that he’s a very shy yet very deadly person.”