Slap of the Day

I see Nate walks up to Gwen confidently. She is at her locker taking out books, with her back facing Nate so she can’t see him.

Nate taps on her shoulder and she jumps to his touch. I am observing the scene from a few meters away.

Gwen still looks like a zombie but you can see that there is a tint of happiness shown in her eyes. Nate’s cocky smirk quickly disappears as it is replaced with guilt when his eyes land on her.

He begins to fiddle with his fingers. A sign of nervousness. You can never believe that he looked confident merely a few seconds ago.

“Yes?” Gwen asks, clearly impatient by the games he’s unintentionally playing.

“I’m sorry for what I did after I kissed you. Leaving you without an answer…” Nate’s voice lowers while the sentence left hanging.

Gwen’s pack mates are watching the scene just like I am. A few pack warriors, including Brad looks like they are ready to beat Nate up if he breaks her heart again. I’m not going to stop them if he actually does.

Gwen looks surprised. She glances at me for a moment. I give her a nod of encouragement, which makes her even more surprised.

She takes a deep breath before closing her locker and takes a step forward.

Nate stands still like a statue.

Next thing happen so fast that if you blink, you’ll miss it.

Gwen slaps Nate across his face. The impact is the only thing you can hear as the whole school is watching them. I bet you can hear a pin touch the ground at this very moment.

I laugh inwardly at Nate’s shocked expression.

I realize that I’m so evil nowadays, laughing mentally at Nate and Gwen… They are the best entertainment I can get. It will be a challenge to get them together.

Nate obviously didn’t expect a slap but he deserved it. After all, he put Gwen to hell for nearly a month. Can you imagine fighting your inner self who wants to kiss your soul mate who pretends as if you’re a ghost?

A second after the slap, I can barely catch my breath before Gwen plant her lips on Nate’s.

I gawk at them. Emma and Celine are giggling beside me.

There are ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ from the crowd in the hall.

The kiss is longer than expected. Nate seems to be enjoying the kiss as much as Gwen does.

“Okay! Guys! We’re in school! Break it up already!” I yell for their attention.

You know what? They’re still kissing. It is like I’m not there at all! Well, I understand Nate is deaf but Gwen is not listening at all.

Young lovers. They can be annoying.

I smack at the back of Nate’s head which finally makes him breaks the kiss and glare at me.

I give him a Cheshire grin which he rolls his eyes in return.

Gwen looks like she is going to kill me.

“Sorry but I just saved you from detention.” I give her an apologetic look while pointing at the back of me where the principal shove his way through the crowd.

“Alright! Everyone go back to class!” the principal’s voice booms.

Everyone immediately walk to their class.

I drag Nate by pulling his arms to our next class which is English. I can see Gwen following us as she has the same class as us.

Nate has been staring at Gwen during English class. He has this goofy smile on his face. Whenever Gwen turns to see him, she would notice his stare and blush so hard that her face might blow up.

My brother is in love! He is finally going to accept the fact.

My evil mind has a plan. Let’s see how overprotective Nate can be. My consciousness laughs evilly.

I heard there are a few human boys planning to ask Gwen out, I lie in Sign Language.

“WHAT?!” Nate roars out.

It is so loud that I fall off my chair and land on my butt. I rub my sore butt, regretting it already. The whole class quiets down and stares at us.

Nate looks extremely pissed, glaring at every human guy.

I stand up and say, “Sorry, people. Just a huge misunderstanding. Go back to whatever you’re doing.”

I was just kidding, bro, I sign. I sit carefully so my sore butt is comfortable.

Nate glares at me. In return, I give him an innocent smile.

All day, I’ve been bugging Nate to ask Gwen out. He stubbornly refuses. I try everything; from pouting to begging on my knees but nothing works.

At this rate, I’m going to have to bug Gwen to ask him out instead. 

Author's Note

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

M.