Melanie the Melon

“Let me get this straight,” I say, helping Nate drag an unconscious Alpha werewolf towards the pack territory. We have dragged the Beta and Antoine near their territory so if they wake up, they’ll know where they are. Hopefully, they’ll forget about what had happened. I also carried Emma home, tucking her in bed so she might think that this is all a dream. “You ran away and cried like a baby because you’re afraid that Gwen will reject you?”

I have this sudden urge to whack my twin in the head out of his stupidity.

“She will think that I’m a murderer. Killing her family… And I’m not a baby!” Nate protests.

“I think if you explain it to her calmly, I doubt she will be the one who rejects you. I mean, you’re the one who ran away. Don’t you think she feels rejected right now? Especially when she exposed her deepest secret to you?” I question, ignoring his protest.

Nate chokes on his saliva at the wisdom of my words.

“She will think that I reject her!” Nate shouts in realization, dropping the Alpha’s lower body. A full grown-werewolf body is now laying above me, making me groan.

“Bloody hell,” I curse, huffing as I try to get the wolf off of me.

“I’m sorry, Mel!” Nate apologizes, helping me.

Once I’m free, I whack Nate in the head. “You dumbshit!” I say angrily.

“No need for violence, dear sister,” Nate remarks, shielding his head in case if I try hitting him again.

“Then there’s no need for nearly killing by squashing me under a full-grown male werewolf body,” I argue.

Nate rolls his eyes. “There’s no need to be so dramatic. It didn’t kill you, did it?”

“I’m not dramatic!”

“You are.”       

“Am not.”

“You are,” Nate sings.

I glare at him. “Am not!”

He is about to open his stupid mouth when the Alpha groans out loud. Nate and I glance at each other before running away from the Alpha. Thank God that he is close to the Beta and his son. Hopefully, he would think that he is dreaming about the vampires and Emma.

Nate is about to walk the opposite direction of our house when I stop him by pulling his ear.

“Hey!” Nate complains as I drag a whining Nate home. “I want to see Gwenny.”

“Gwenny?” I repeat before laughing out loud.

He pouts at me. “What’s wrong with nicknaming her? I could have called you Melly.”

I cringe at the nickname. “You call me Melly,” I threaten, spitting out the word as if it is poisonous, “I will make sure you can never talk without your tongue stinging in pain. Especially if you kiss…”

“That’s mean.”

“Ooh, calling you twin sister a nickname close to the word ‘melon’ is not mean then?”

“I haven’t even thought of that! Melanie the melon!”

“Nate,” I say, glaring daggers at him. “Shut up.”

“Melly the melon! Melly the melon! Melly the melon!” Nate shouts at the top of his lungs in the middle of the woods. What has gone into that pea-sized brain of his?

“Shut up!” I yell at him, punching his shoulder.

Instead of shutting up, he switches off his hearing aid so he can’t hear me as he continues to sing that stupid nickname.

I sigh out loud.

Twin brothers are so annoying.

Before I snap at him, I hear a growl not far from us. I quickly put my hand over Nate’s mouth to silence him. Very confused, Nate switches on his hearing aid.

“What’s wrong?” Nate asks. His question muffled due to my hand covering his mouth.

“Hush!” I hiss at him.

I creep towards where I heard the growl from as Nate silently follows me.

“Come on, little mutt. We can’t keep our Alpha waiting, can we?” an unfamiliar voice says.

Another growl escapes the werewolf’s lips.

“Get away from the wolf,” Nate yells, exposing our cover.

I resist the urge to smack my forehead in frustration. What a dimwit!

The two rogues turn to look at Nate and I. Gwen, in wolf form, stares at the both of us in disbelief.

I take out my crossbow and throw a spare gun at Nate, knowing that he doesn’t have a weapon with him. Gwen’s brown eyes widen in surprise and fear.

“Get away from her,” I say in my hunter voice.

The rogues look at me until they recognize me. They look terrified but manage to hide it.

“It looks like we have the Deadly Twins here,” one of them sneer.

I narrow my eyes at the one who looks like he has a big mouth. Gwen looks at Nate with betrayal.

“Listen to my sister; get away from the wolf,” Nate snarls at them.

The quiet one takes a step back, but big mouth refuses to move. “Or what? I’m not afraid of hunters.”

I smirk at them, knowing that they are starting to panic. “May I play with the one with big mouth? Please, bro?”

The big mouth rogue shifts into his dirty brown wolf as he tries to pounce on me.

As I am about to take a step to dodge it, Gwen-wolf pushes the rogue away from me, pinning it to the ground.

“Gwen!” I cry as the other rogue has already shifted into a wolf, fighting with Nate.

Gwen flies past me, hitting the tree. The big mouth rogue circles me, growling in a threatening way.

“Come on,” I murmur, holding my crossbow tightly.

“Mel! Don’t!” Gwen screams. I sneak a glance to see her in human form. And naked. However, the rogue takes advantage of my distraction, jumping on me.

The crossbow is no use for short distance so I throw it to the ground and take out my Swiss Army Knife, stabbing it into its chest.

“Coward,” I comment.

The rogue hisses in pain. Without wasting anymore time, I take out the knife from its heart and slit its throat.

Dead.

Authors' Note

What do you think of this update? I put in a small bickering between Nate and Mel since they're twins and all. I found the casts for Melanie, Nate, Cassie, Gwen, Rick, Emma, Antoine, Wally, Celine, Alpha Green and Director. It's by the side! Tell me whether you think they fit the character or now. You may not know some of them.... So yeah. 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.