Rick and Cassie

“Cassandra, wake up,” I coo, shaking her lightly.

She growls and pushes me away. If she keeps doing this, we’re going to be late for school.

It looks like I have no other choice. The thought alone makes me grin evilly as I run down to Nate’s room, grabbing his violin.

I run back to Cassie’s room and tuck the violin under my chin.

I start to play the violin, making it screech loudly. Cassie’s eyes snap open and snatch the violin away from my hold.

“What the heck? Is this your way of waking up? Why can’t you just wake me up nicely?” she screams at me.

I grin at her, amused. “I tried. I just improvise my new technique of waking you up.”

Cassie scowls at me. “Get. Out,” she growls.

Without hesitation, I retrieve the violin and run out of her room before the beast side of Cassie would be awakened. Nate is still bathing so I sneak his violin back into his case.

On our way to school, we stop by at Uncle Scott’s café to have some breakfast. There are a few werewolves in the café glares at Cassie, which confuses me.

It is the same in school. As soon as we come out of my Ferrari, all the werewolves glare at Cassie, making her whimper quietly and look down at the floor. I take Cassie’s hand and lead her to the school office.

Once Cassie receives her schedule, the gang meets up with us. Wally has his arms wrapped around Celine’s waist as they stare into each other’s eyes lovingly.

“Finally!” I say loudly, causing them to jump. “Are you two finally together?”

Celine blushes. “He asked me out last week,” she says with her thick French accent. Wally pecks Celine’s red cheeks.

Nate and Gwen looks like they have never seen each other for almost forever, making me roll my eyes.

I clear my throat for their attention. “Guys, I want you to meet my adopted sister, Cassie.”

Cassie shyly smiles at everyone. I notice Gwen glaring hard at Cassie. What’s wrong with all these werewolves?

“Cass, if anyone gives you trouble, call me,” I whisper into her ears.

Cassie nods and whispers back, “Who is that guy?”

I look at her, confused until she nods towards Rick who does not seem to pay attention to his surrounding since he’s too busy talking to Nate.

“That’s Rick. Why?”

Cassie looks sad as she says softly, “He’s my mate.”

Surprised, I stare at her and then Rick. It looks like Emma and I are the only single ones.

I nudge her towards Rick. “Go ahead!” I encourage.

“I’m thirteen and he’s seventeen! I’m too young for him!” she hisses at me and her eyes have sadness in them.

“Rick!” My voice booms, causing Rick to flinch.

Cassie growls quietly for scaring him. I smile at her apologetically. I can see that she is already protective over him.

“Yes, Melanie?” Ricks asks.

Cassie turns, almost to run away but I keep my grip on her. “This is my sister, Cassandra.” I push her lightly towards him.

Rick looks shocked at first but you can visibly sense their love. “I’m Rick,” he says, holding up his hand.

Cassie smiles and shakes her hand with him. “Call me Cassie.”

“Cassie,” he repeats. Cassie shivers slightly at how he pronounces her name.

The school bell chimes, making the both of them jump away from each other, blushing so hard that their faces might explode.

“Anyway… I’ll see you after class, Cassie!” I say, walking away for my first lesson. Nate and Gwen follow behind me.

“So are you going to go to the party this Saturday, Melanie?” Gwen asks.

I shake my head. “Nope.”

I turn to see her surprised with my answer. “Why not?”

“I have to take care of Cassie,” I answer.

If it isn’t for my super hearing, I wouldn’t have hear a small growl from her.

I frown at her. “Something wrong?”

“No, everything’s perfect,” she mumbles sarcastically.

I raise an eyebrow at her but didn’t say anything else.

Hopefully, Gwen and the pack will warm up to Cassie because she might join their pack. One day.

Author's Note

Like I said, this is the same chapter is before. (So sorry!) 

Facts about me #4: I can be forgetful sometimes, just like how I missed one chapter.

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.