Grace

“If you kill them, you’re going to have to go through me,” Emma announces, stepping in front of Nate, Cassie, 12 and I. The werewolves are stalking towards us like predators.

“You’re going to have to go through me as well,” Gwen says, standing next to Emma.

Girl power!

The pack looks at their future Luna and future Beta with conflict. Beta Goldsmith and Alpha Green looks surprised at Nate’s confession.

Here I am, holding Cassie’s hand so she won’t freak out and turn into a Lycan.

“But Em – ”        

“No, Antoine. They’re my friends even though they’re hunters. If they are ruthless and all, they could have killed you way before you noticed them,” Emma says, glaring at her mate. I see Antoine’s face drop at the sight his mate defending his enemies.

Alpha Green steps beside Antoine and puts his hand on his son’s shoulder.

“Your mate is right, Antoine. 85 could have killed me long ago when she offered to find Brad,” Alpha Green says.

Antoine and Beta Goldsmith do not look convinced. They trust Nate now because he’s Gwen’s mate. That doesn’t mean they trust Cassie, 12 or I.

Alpha Green takes a step towards me and smiles. Can you believe it? Smile?

“My name is Alpha Green and I’m the Alpha of the MeadowFalls pack,” he says in a friendly way.

I take out my shades and smirk back. I swear all the werewolves gasp at the recognition of me. “Hello, Alpha Green. My name is Melanie and this is my twin brother, Nate. We’re hunters assigned in MeadowFalls.”

Alpha Green looks at Nate and then me before nodding in satisfaction. “Now that everything is out of the way, we should probably make a treaty.”

I look at Cassie. “Yes,” I tell Alpha Green, looking back at him. “It is a wise thing to do.”

Cassie grabs my hand with worry in her eyes. “Stay safe, Mel.”

I smile back at her. “Always will, kid.”

12 looks bored behind all of us. “That’s a lot of drama. Since I know both your names, why not tell you mine as well. The name’s Grace,” 12 says, thrusting her hands towards me.

I grin at her and shake hands with her. “What a normal name for a vampire hunter.”

Grace shrugs. “My parents are religious people.”

Cassie raises an eyebrow. “Vampire hunter?” she repeats.

Grace smiles at Cassie. “Yup. I’m guessing you’re a werewolf.”

Cassie is about to answer when I interject, “Not even close.”

Now the two of them give him a curious look. Even Nate and Gwen. I’m about to explain to them when I notice that all the werewolves have disappeared into their houses except for Antoine, Beta Goldsmith and Alpha Green.

I give Alpha Green an apologetic smile.

“That story is for another time,” I tell Cassie. Then, I turn to face Alpha Green. “Let’s get this treaty over with, I really want some of Uncle Sam’s sandwich after this.”

Alpha Green does not look amused at all. “Let’s discuss in my office.”

I look at Gwen and Nate, who seem to be in their very own La La Land.

“Nate, Gwen, Cassie and Grace, get into the Ferrari. We have lots to talk about after this meeting,” I instruct with my hunter voice.

Almost immediately, they follow my instructions.

I turn around and follow Alpha Green to his office.

Author's Note

I hate my phone. Sorry, that's just so random. This book actually reached #18 vampires. Yaaay! Don't forget to keep to: 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.