First Training with Gwen

I laugh loudly when Gwen’s fist connects with my palm, stopping her from punching my abdomen.

“Stop laughing,” Gwen growls in irritation.

I duck when she takes a swing towards my face. “No way! You’re too easy.”

Gwen growls again. I take the opportunity to disappear and reappear a distance away behind her when she takes a moment to blink.

“Where did she go?” I hear her mumble to herself, looking around.

I take a small stone and throw it. It hits her head.

“Bulls eye!” I yell.

Gwen turns around and rubs the back of her head. “How did you do that?” she asks in astonishment.

I smirk. “Magic.”

She rolls her eyes at me. “Now I know why I never thought you can be a thirty-year-old hunter who everyone fears.”

I gasp dramatically. “Oh Gwen! How could you!”

“So will you tell me why are Nate, you and Cassie living alone without an adult?” Gwen asks, running up towards me and nearly kick me in the face if I hadn’t take a quick step back.

I poke her side, where I know it will sting for awhile. She hisses in pain. “Well, Nate and I have been living together since… some incidents. We met up with Cassie on one of our hunt,” I tell her. It’s not exactly the truth or a lie, but it’s a close answer.

“So no one bothers or questions you two?”

Now that Gwen’s slightly distracted, I kick her thigh, not too hard though. Gwen falls on her knees.

“If anyone brings up questions, we will just say that our parents or Uncle Scott or our grandmother is too busy to attend whatever events they invited us,” I reply, giving Gwen a chance to kick me in the stomach. I take a sharp breath and ignore the pain.

“So you have no family members other than yourselves?”

“Yup,” I say. “They existed, just not breathing anymore.”

Gwen is now on her defensive stance. “I’m sorry for all the things happened on you and Nate.”

I shrug as if it doesn’t bother me. “It was a long time ago,” I say coldly, shoving the memories to the back of my head. It still stings if Nate and I talk about our parents. They were the best…

“I think that’s enough practice for today. We better pack soon,” Nate interjects.

“Thank the Lord!” Gwen says, looking up at the clouds.

I pout at Nate. “You ruined my fun, brother.”

Nate taps on his watch. “We don’t want them coming after us, do we?”

I sulk. “You’re right.”

“Where are you going to go?” Gwen asks for, probably, the thousandth time.

I sigh loudly but Nate answers, “A gathering for hunters. I can’t tell you more than that.”

Gwen sighs too, irritated with the same answer Nate’s been giving her.

“Yeah, now we should head back home,” I suggest. “Will Beta Goldsmith mind if Cassie stays with you until Nate and I return?”

“I’m not sure. The whole pack thinks that she’s a rogue and is plotting to kill Nate and you,” Gwen says truthfully. “Wait… how did you know my mum is a Beta?”

I snort at her statement. “Cassie, a killer? Please, that girl can’t even kill a fly to save the world. About your mum, Nate and I did a lot of research before we move here.”

I remember the time I first start training Cassie. It was disastrous. Although she can shift into a seven-feet werewolf who has awesome fangs and claws like in the Underworld movie, she refuse to kill a wild boar that was wandering around. From that day onwards, I never bring Cassie out for daily training with Nate. She stays true to her words though; she won’t tell anyone about our secret and she will continue schooling until she graduates. I even manage to talk her into being a businesswoman one day.

Now that I think of it, it dawns me that the older Cassie in my dreams wear office clothes just like a businesswoman.

At least now I know that Cassie will be alright.

The only problem now is to try to not die and save Nate and Gwen at the same time. There was once when Nicholas and Victoria mentioned that I die saving Nate and Gwen. Somehow, Cassie said I disappeared instead.

What is going to happen to me?

I can tell that it’s soon because Nate’s and my birthday is next week. I feel like I want to hit my head on the tree to stop the headache that’s forming.

“Can you two please stop talking as if I’m not here?” Nate groans, saving me from thinking even more.

I ignore him just like he did when I was Coke-mental a few hours ago. “I have to warn you, Gwen, that Cassie might look a little intimidating but once you get to her soft side, you’ll love her. And… Err…”

I look at Nate whether I should tell Gwen or not about Cassie’s difference.

Nate nods in encouragement.

I sigh loudly, looking at Gwen who is waiting patiently for me to continue.

“I guess you’ll just have to ask her yourself,” I say.

Her face falls. “But she hates my guts!”

“Then try to make her un-hate you.”

Gwen folds her arms across her chest like a stubborn kid. “That’s going to take forever.”

Nate pecks her sweaty cheek without grimacing. I scrunch my nose at the sight. Eww…

“I’m sure it’ll be soon, Gwenny. Now, let’s get home and start packing,” Nate tells her.

I smile at them. They are just like my parents. They were so in love. My smile falters at the thought that I’m not going to see them anymore. I might not see Cassie or my nieces and nephew.

But if I do die, I can finally join my parents up in heaven.

Author's Note

That last Author's Note was kind of weird... But weird is my middle name! (not really) Anywho, I'm going to post a Q&A so if you want to ask any THiMF characters anything, leave it in the comments below! The more the questions, hopefully the sooner the updates. You can ask anything like why Melanie thinks about adopting a bear that eats chocolates or stuffs like that (Seriously, don't ask me why) And DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR STORIES HERE! If you want to, please PM me so I can advertise you instead. Sorry, but I'm pissed at people who takes advantage of my awesome fans like that. 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.