Tears and Rejection

After third period, Rick comes, running towards me.

“Melanie!” he says between his panting.

I hold up my hand as he stops in front of me. “Woah, hold your horses, Rick. What’s wrong?”

Rick holds up a finger, signaling for me to wait. I patiently wait as he collects his breathing. “Cassie is crying.”

“Where?” I growl.

“In an empty classroom. Room 30,” Rick informs.

I barge into the classroom to see Cassie, indeed, crying her heart out. She doesn’t look up to see me.

“Go away, Rick!” she screams.

“It’s me, Cass,” I say softly, taking a step towards her.

Rick, who is behind me, is hurt for not being able to comfort his mate. I nod at him, to tell her that he can leave. Rick stubbornly refuses. I glare at him until he gives up and leaves us alone.

“What happened, Cass?” I ask softly, making small circles on her palm to calm her down.

“Nate’s mate… The future Beta… knows that I’m a werewolf because of my scent. They think I’m a loner… She told me to leave their territory… And she threatened me… If I hurt Nate or you… The pack will kill me!” Cassie cries.

I hug her until she calms down. Anger fills in me. How dare Gwen threaten my little sister! Even if Nate’s her mate, she just lost my respect towards her. Cassie has proved her loyalty to Nate and me.

I send Rick to accompany Cassie to her next class as I look for Nate. I see him talking to Gwen in the empty cafeteria. Gwen pretends as if nothing happen, which pisses me off.

I tap on his shoulder.

“Mel?” he asks in confusion.

“I need to talk to you,” I say through my gritted teeth.

Nate shrugs and pecks Gwen’s cheek. “I’ll be back, my Gwen,” he whispers into her ears.

Gwen giggles. This makes me clench my fist.

I drag a drooling Nate away from Gwen, just in case if she eavesdrops on us.

“Mel, calm down. You’re hurting me!” Nate says.

I let go of his arm. You have no idea what happened just now. Cassie is sad and upset on her first day of school!

“What happened? Was she bullied? Did someone threaten her? Did Rick reject her?” Nate asks angrily.

Something much worse. Why don’t you ask that mate of yours? I sign angrily.

Nate frowns. “Gwen?”

Yes, dimwit! Who else is your mate, huh? Edith Piaf?

“Gwen made Cassie upset?” Nate asks slowly.

I groan out loud, pinching the bridge of my nose. Ask her!

Nate stalks off, still in deep thought.

Will this affect their relationship? Will Nate side Gwen against Cassie? Will Nate rejects Gwen again?

Suddenly I feel like the bad guy, ruining their relationship.

Without a second thought, I run to the cafeteria, only to see Gwen crying and Nate yelling at her. Nate suddenly walks off and his face is bright red in anger. Gwen looks like her heart is shattered into a million pieces.

“I’m sorry,” she says softly before passing out in the middle of the empty cafeteria.

Author's Note

I know it's short but at least it's going somewhere, right? Forgive me for the earlier mistake? 

Facts about me #5: I'm obsessed wth violins. If you read my stories, there must be at least someone in the story who can play the violin. (Yes, I'm that obsessed but unfortunately, not a pro)

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.