The Talk

I cross my arms over my chest as I stare at Gwen, observing her every move like a hawk stalking it’s prey.

“I thought we’ve agreed that you won’t be afraid of me anymore,” I say with a small smirk.

She starts to fiddle with her thumbs. “I can’t help it.”

I smile at her. “It’s nothing serious, I promise you. I just want to let you know that I approve of you and my brother together but if you break his heart…”

She cuts me off by saying, “You can bury me alive.”

I grin at her. “Really?”

She grimaces at the idea. “Not really but you get my point.”

“You know, this is the first time I’m threating someone so consider yourself lucky.”

“Why lucky?”

I shrug. “You’re his first girlfriend. Don’t you feel lucky?”

“No,” she answers.

The both of us stare at each other before bursting into fits of laughter.

I push her slightly towards Nate. “Go ahead. My job here is done.”

Gwen gives me a confused look; she looks like a confused puppy that I nearly burst out laughing again. “Job?” she repeats.

I point towards Nate and her. “To get the both of you together. Do you have any idea how stubborn both of you are? I can write a book out of all this drama!”

She chuckles and stalks towards Nate. Nate pecks at her cheeks, making her blush again. Celine and Emma ‘awws’ at them where as Rick and Wally ignores the lovebirds.

The chiming of the bell signals the beginning of our class. Nate, Gwen and I head for English instantly. I feel many eyes on me the whole day. Whenever I turn to look, the werewolves turn away. I shrug away the feeling on insecurity.

During History class, my phone rings out loud.

“Miss Raquella, I would appreciate it if you keep your phone in silent mode or I’m going to have to confiscate it,” Ms. Sarah says, disapproved.

I glance at the screen to see an unknown number. “I’m sorry, Miss. I have to take this call. It’s an emergency.”

She nods, excusing me before going back to teaching. Nate is to busy staring at Gwen to notice I’m leaving class.

My twin brother is seriously whipped.

I walk as far as I can from the class and any werewolves nearby to pick up the call.

“85?” a familiar voice asks from the other line. I can’t seem to recall his name.

“This is she speaking. Who is this?” I ask in my hunter voice.

“116. I need 86 and your help,” he says, almost pleadingly.

“What is it?” I lean against the wall, listening closely.

He takes a shaky breath before answering, “78 is captured.”

My eyes widen at his answer. A hunter is kidnapped? This is the first I heard. “By who?” I snarl, angry at whoever dares to do this. I may not know 78 or 116 but they’re in the hunter family.

“The rogues that is causing trouble with HQ. It’s the same rogues that kidnap 78,” he replies. I feel myself shaking in anger. “I found a trail that leads to an abandoned house that is used by the rogues. There are too many of them. I need help,” he continues.

I massage my forehead as I make my decision. “I and 86 will be there by tomorrow. We’ll be in touch,” I promise before hanging up.

Great! Not only a werewolf is kidnapped, a hunter is too. These rogues really want to be in trouble. I have to tell Nate about this.

This also means I have to tell him about my deal with Alpha Green.

Damn, I’m starting to hate today.

I barge into the classroom without notifying the teacher.

“Miss Raquella! I do not appreciate you interrupting my class. Detention!” Ms. Sarah says, almost screaming.

Wordlessly, I drag a drooling Nate out of class with me.

“Mel!” Nate complains, trying to let himself go. I tighten my hold on him and drag him to my car. I open the door and push him in. He whines again.

I drive away from school like a madwoman.

“Melanie! Slow down! You’re going to give me a heart attack!” Nate yells in a high-pitch voice. If I’m not driving, I would have laugh at how girly his voice sounds right now.

When we are finally reach home, I sit still in my seat, thinking how I am going to tell Nate about this, how I lied to him in the past few days.

“Melanie?” Nate asks in a soft voice.

I turn to face him.

Nate, we need to go to Great York by tomorrow, I sign. 

Author's Note

I'm practically breaking my own rules right now. Why? Because I love you people who read this story. Anyway, I'm going to receive my exam results tomorrow. I'm scared like shit right now so wish me luck! There are a few things I want to point out in this story. First, Melanie and Nate are HUMAN. All hunters are HUMAN and they can do inhuman things because years of training. Second, please ignore grammar mistakes. 

I've also been writing a story with @annagrace_rosa called 'Blood and Fur'. I would appreciate it if you check it out. I've been writing on Sam's POV who is the vampire.

So don't forget:

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.