Virgin Eyes

“Nate, I need to talk to you,” I say, barging into his bedroom as soon as I woke up and change into decent clothes. Once I enter, I instantly regret it.

“My virgin eyes!” I shout as I run out of the room.

The last thing I see is naked Nate and Gwen. Nate looked shocked where as Gwen is blushing furiously.

“I can’t get the picture out of my head! Eww!” I yell, waking up the whole house.

Cassie opens her bedroom door while rubbing her tired eyes. “What’s going on?” she grumbles before yawning out loud.

I stare at her for awhile, remembering the older Cassie in my dreams. I’m still thinking whether it is real or not. I could die. Rick will die. Nate and Gwen will live happily ever after…

“Mel?” Cassie asks worriedly.

I shake my head, trying to not worry about it. “Yes, Cass?”

She narrows her eyes. “Are you okay? You zoned out for quite some time.”

That’s when the picture of Nate and Gwen appears in my head again.

I scream bloody murder. “It’s going to be in my brain for the rest of my life!”

Cassie chuckles in amusement. “I had to practically be out of the house for three hours. My extraordinary hearing is now a curse.”

I want to so badly tell her about my dreams. I’ll die soon. Rick will die after five years of marriage. Nate and Gwen will have three children: Victoria, Nicholas and Melanie. Witches exist.

I can already imagine Cassie thinking I have gone mental.

“Mel, you okay? You’ve been spacing out for a full minute,” Cassie says, nudging me.

I shake my head lightly. “I’m alright. Just bad dream,” I lie.

Nate comes out, fully clothed. “Do you just have to barge in without knocking?” Nate asks in annoyance.

I look up at the ceiling. “I did not see Nate and Gwen sleeping.”

“You did not see Nate and Gwen sleeping,” Cassie repeats almost like she’s hypnotizing me.

I scowl at her. “Not helping, Cass,” I growl at her.

Gwen stands behind Nate, blushing furiously.

Cassie rolls her eyes. “Now if you excuse me, I’m going to change and head over to Rick’s so I can have my very own love experience.”

With that she reenters her room. Nate and Gwen looks at me in sympathy. They know that I’m alone now. No one to be with.

Now I’m having a second thought. What if I have a mate as well? What if I actually do love someone? What if I avoid death? What if I can have my own happy life?

“Mel?” Nate asks gently.

I look at him in question.                   

“Will you be okay?”

That’s not his question. His question is actually: will I be okay alone without anyone to love me?

I nod. “Yes. I have to talk to you. Alone.” Now is the time to tell him about the letters from the owl after the strange encounter with the vampires. I still have no idea what happened. Once the vampires were mysteriously killed, then an owl appear?

Nate shrugs. “Alright. But after this, can we show Gwenny how we hunt and stuff like that? She’s curious.”

“Okay, I guess…” I lead him to the living room. “Don’t say this out loud, just read it,” I instruct, giving him the letter with 85 and 86 written on it. I know that both Gwen and Cassie can hear us.

Nate silently reads the note. “We’re invited?” he asks in disbelief.

I nod curtly. “Exactly! This is the first time it has ever happened. We have to leave soon if we want to attend the gathering.”

Nate rubs his chin thoughtfully. “We’ll leave later in the afternoon.”

“Where are you going?” Gwen asks, entering the living room.

I snatch the note from Nate and quickly hide it.

“We can’t tell you,” I answer her, making Gwen frown.

“Why can’t we tell her? No secrets, remember?” Nate protests.

I give him a pointed look. “Director knows about Gwen and Cassie.”

His eyes nearly bulge out of its sockets. “How does he know? We told Gwen only yesterday and…”

“Excuse me, but who is this Director?” Gwen asks, getting impatient.

Nate is about to answer her when I cut in, “It’s best if you know nothing. We’re in trouble because you and Cassie know that we’re hunters. I hope that they’re not planning to kill us because of that.”

“Who is this ‘they’?” Gwen demands, holding both my shoulder. “Mel, if they are planning to kill us, we need help. The pack is willing to help.”

I shake my head in surrender. “HQ can’t kill us. We’re under their protection,” I mumble.

Gwen looks even more confused and impatient. “Melanie,” she growls animal-like, her wolf is taking over.

“Gwenny,” Nate says soothingly, putting his hand on her shoulder which calms her down almost immediately. “Mel’s right. We’ll tell you after we come back from a gathering. I promise we’ll tell you everything.”

Gwen seems to be satisfied with his answer. “Okay.”

I laugh nervously, massaging my shoulder.

“I’m sorry for that, Mel,” Gwen apologizes sincerely. “My wolf is unsure what to think of you. You’re still a threat to Nate and I.”

I shrug, “That’s okay. Maybe she just needs time.”

“And I hope it’s soon,” Nate interjects, putting his hand around Gwen’s waist.

I beam at the happy couple. “I guess it’s time for you to meet our pets, Gwen.”

Author's Note

What do you think of this chapter? Still a long way to gooo. *sigh* I really need some Coke after this. Anyway, don't forget to:

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.