"Vampire Hunters, Meet Werewolf Hunters"

All the werewolf hunters turn around when we hear a heavy door creaks open. We see young people, around fifteen-year-olds to those ages in the early-thirties. I can’t help but stare at how young they are. Most of them look like they should be in school!

“Vampire hunters, meet werewolf hunters. Werewolf hunters, meet vampire hunters,” Director introduces.

I notice that all of the vampire hunters have a silver cross hung around their neck and they look like they’re itching to hold to a weapon.

At least their weapons were taken away too.

The advantage about being a werewolf hunter is that we can’t be too reliable on weapons. Hand-to-hand combat is a must to learn.

Since vampire hunters are young, they need their weapons to kill off vampires. It never cross my mind to wander if killing a vampire is easier than killing a werewolf.

You killed a vampire once, remember? My brain reminds me.

Oh yeah, but it’s still not counted. He wanted to be dead so he made it easy for me.

“I will assign you to your pairs.”

How great.

Director starts calling out numbers. Some werewolf hunters have an immediate strong dislike on their partners, but they have no choice. They need each other to stay alive, to kill these monstrous things.

“85, 86 and 12,” Director reads from his notebook.

Nate and I make our way to a girl who looks like trouble. Her black hair is tied into a neat pony tail. She wears loose cotton shirts with skinny jeans and combat boots. Her hands are constantly by her belt, where I know she usually where she keeps her weapons. Her eyes are like a hawk’s, watching our every move. I can tell that she is wary around everyone, especially around Nate and me.

“All right, werewolf hunters, bring your partners to your room and bond. Tomorrow, I’ll tell you more about hybrids. Goodnight and sleep tight.”

So that’s what the extra bed is for then.

12 looks at us awkwardly, as if she has no idea how to act in front of others.

“I’m 85 and he’s 86,” I tell her.

“12,” she answers.

Nate and I look at each other, communicating through our twin telepathy. We have to get this girl to open up to us.

“Follow us,” I instruct, leading her towards our room. I pretty sure I remember where it is.

“So how old are you?” Nate asks.

“16,” she replies.

Then silence. We have absolutely no idea what else to talk about now…

“What about you?” 12 asks.

“We’re 17,” Nate says. The elevator door opens right after that.

“And I thought all werewolf hunters are old,” she mumbles.

I click my tongue and then answer, “That’s why we’re the youngest werewolf hunters ever.”

12 looks surprised when I say that. Her mumble was too low for ordinary people to hear.

“Are you two… a couple?”

I choke on my saliva while Nate burst out laughing. It is a good thing that no one is around us or else they would stare at Nate as if he belongs in a mental hospital.

“Heck no! Eww,” I answer, shuddering.

“Who would want to be that psycho’s boyfriend?” Nate jokes.

I glare at him. “I’m not a psycho, butthead.”

Nate looks amused. “Butthead? And I thought you said I was your favorite brother!”

I roll my eyes. “Yes, you were my favorite brother.”

“Crap,” Nate swears, realizing his mistake.

12 cracks a smile. “Siblings then?”

“Twins,” I correct her. “Therefore, we’re called The Deadly Twins.”

12 hums. “Ah, I’ve heard of the Deadly Twins. Many vampire hunters say that you two are unstoppable. You don’t look like the Deadly Twins at all!”

I smirk at her. “That’s why we are always on the road that is until we decide to stick at MeadowFalls.”

“Favorite weapons?” 12 asks, changing the subject.

Nate grins at that question. 12 looks at Nate, startled. It looks like we’re scarier than we thought. “Rifle.”

I say, “Crossbow.”

“A crossbow will be useless against a vamp,” she says knowingly.

“What about knives?” Nate asks.

12 shrugs. “It depends on the strength. Maybe you can take a child vamp easily with one. An adult, however, will put up a fight.”

“Do vampires get pregnant and stuffs like that?” I ask. The elevator dings, indicating that we’re on our floor.

“Nope. They were once humans, until they were bitten. Some live in a coven. Some prefer to be loner. A few become rogues. In a coven, there’ll be a leader. They can pick anyone to be the leader. We don’t hunt those in coven unless if they’re made up of rogues. Most vampires drink out of blood bags,” 12 tells us.

“Blood bags?” Nate questions. We finally reach our room. I unlock the door and let us in.

“Yeah, there is a company that sells blood bags to the vampires. All vampires must be registered to buy them. The list is given to HQ so vampire hunters will be receiving a text, stating location and appearance so we can kill them.”

“Woah,” Nate and I say simultaneously.

That’s kind of cool. Vampires are so different from werewolves.

“So what is the difference between those who drink from humans and blood bags?” I ask, taking out my shades.

12 throws her bag on her bed. “You can tell by your instincts whether they’re a threat or not. It takes a lot of practice and patience. You need to trust your instincts. Right now, my instincts are telling me that you’re good people.”

“Oh…” Nate says.

I clear my throat, remembering that I need to talk to Director.

“I’m going to go and check out the building,” I announce.

Nate narrows his eyes at me, knowing that I would prefer staying in the room all day and laze around. “Sure…” he replies unsurely.

I grin at him as I slip my shades on again.

Without wasting anymore time, I slip out of the room.

Author's Note

Extra long update! Weeeeee..... I'm being really strange now, sorry. :D

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.