Director's Announcement

“First off, I want to thank you for coming today,” Director begins. “I call you all over today because we have a serious issue in our hands. It’s not in just Hunter Headquarters’ hands but yours as well.”

That does it, all werewolf hunters start to whisper among themselves. Nate and I exchange a worried glance.

“We discover that vampire rogues are working with the werewolf rogues to capture werewolves of high ranks or their human mates. According to research, most of them consist of females,” Director continues.

My mind wanders to Gwen’s and Emma’s near kidnapping. Emma is just human! She doesn’t know anything about werewolves so she’s innocent! How could those vampires do that to Antoine? Everyone deserves to be happy and loved.

A small part of me wonders if these vampire rogues have soulmates like werewolves do.

Then it hit me, they do! The vampire I found half-dead in the prison said something about ‘Beloved’.

A few naïve werewolf hunters shout out, “You’re lying! There are no such things as vampires!”

The other werewolf hunters, including Nate and I, shake their heads at them. Director ignores them.

“Together, they created an abomination. A dangerous hybrid that is multiplying by the time I’m speaking this,” Director says.

This time, most of the hunters shout out loud.

“This is impossible!” one yells.

“Multiplying? How?”

“How could they?”

“Silence!” Director commands in a loud voice, making everyone shut their traps. Even I flinch at his voice. It is even rougher than Red’s voice. No one noticed it, but Director’s eyes turn dark. “I’m not lying. They have created these monstrous beings in a time span of one week. This is why I call you all today, so we can defeat these creatures together. There are not enough HQ agents to do it so we plead for your help. These beings kill humans and hunters in one swipe of their paw. They are so much dangerous than rogue werewolves and vampires combine.

“There are about fifteen of them in a pack, but in time, there could be hundreds by now. You’ll never know. The rogue werewolves and vampires’ base camp was in Great York, where number 78 and 116 were situated. Unfortunately, 78 died in one of the experiments and 116 was killed by these beings.”

I feel myself go cold. 116 is dead. He looked young from the last time I saw him…

“If you volunteer, we’ll give you full information about it. If you refuse however, we won’t stop you. Let me warn you that you may be risked to being one of them or end up dead,” Director says grimly, looking at every one of us.

Everyone looks at each other. Nate and I nod at each other, clearly thinking the same thing.

“We volunteer,” I yell out, putting up my hand.

Director gives me a small smile before wiping it off.

“So do I,” Red says from the back.

One by one hunter joins us. It seems that Red, Nate and I set an example for the werewolf hunters. A few, though, went home immediately when they decide that they’re lives is so much precious to them.

Director grins at us. “Now that you’re putting your lives on the line, we might as well reveal the rest of the details. Keep in mind that you can’t tell anyone of this, including your soul mates if you have any.”

Director gives a look at Nate which Nate shifts his posture uncomfortably. The werewolf hunters give Director a confused look at the last part. Only Red gives me a knowing look.

He’s smarter than I thought, I think, putting on my poker face.

No doubt Director has records on all werewolf hunters.

Including us.

“As I was saying, hybrids are extremely dangerous. They are a mixture of werewolf and vampire. How do they multiply? Easy, they bite like vampires. Since you’re all werewolf hunters, no doubt you don’t know anything about vampires.

“Therefore, I decided that I will pair each pair with a vampire hunter,” Director tells us.

That’s when all hell breaks loose.

Author's Note

Haha! Vampire hunters! Did you expect that? 

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

-M.