~Chapter 2~

Mabel's POV:

I woke up in a well lit room. I was laying on the floor next to a fireplace with a warm blanket wrapped around me. For some reason I still felt cold, and really sore all over. I pulled the blanket around me more, but I still didn't feel any warmer.

I heard the sound of someone opening a door, I wanted to turn my head and see who it was, but it hurt to move with how sore I was.

"Shooting Star?"

"Y-yes?"

"Congratulations, you're still alive!"

"Who are you?"

"It's Bill."

"O-oh..."

"Is something the matter?"

"N-not at a-a-all!"

I sat up, because the floor was starting to get colder. I started shivering, and Bill knew what was going on.

"I'm not stupid Shooting Star. It's obvious you're cold. I thought the fire and blanket would be enough."

"Y-you're the one who g-g-got me the blanket?"

"It's not like the other idiots in this place would do it."

"W-why?"

"What good's a frozen partner?"

"P-partner?"

"That's the deal we made. Speaking of, when you're done warming up come to the main room. No questions asked."

"O-ok..."

I heard Bill open the door, but stopped when I asked him a question.

"D-do you care about m-me?"

"Most certainly not. You are nothing but a human. But that can change."

"Bill?"

"Yes Shooting Star?"

"Do you have anything that could help make me warmer? I'm freezing."

I heard Bill moan a little, but he walked over and sat down next to me. He snapped his fingers, and he looked human. He had golden blonde hair, a black top hat, and a yellow suit with black brick details along the bottom.

   "Y-you're human!"

   "I am not some weak, pitiful human. This is simply another form I can take."

   "O-ok."

   He seemed reluctant to, but he put his arm around my shoulder. He snapped his fingers, and I started to feel tired.

"Go to sleep Shooting Star."

I rested my head on Bill's shoulder, and fell asleep peacefully.