~Chapter 17~

Mabel's POV:

   "It's a-all my fault...."

   I could hear someone crying, and blaming themselves for something. I slowly opened my eyes to see Bill sitting at the foot of my bed with his head in his hands.

"D-dad?"

He looked at me sadly before looking back down at the floor. It was quite enough that I could hear his tears falling to the wooden floor.

"Pl-please stop crying...."

"It's all my fault you're like this right now!"

Bill quickly stood up and fire was blazing in his hands. I knew he wasn't mad at me, but at himself.

"I never should of let you go there! I was a fool!"

I hated seeing him like this and buried my face in the pillow and tried to cover my ears so I couldn't hear him yelling. I could still hear him saying harsh things about himself, but I didn't know what I could do.

   I was scared of him when he was like this, and I hated it. Sometimes being scared was an understatement, like right now. I was terrified, knowing that if things got out of control I wouldn't be able to do anything.

   "Y-you're scaring me...."

   I barely said it loud enough, but I knew he heard me when everything went quiet.

   "I- I didn't know you felt that way...."

   I knew that this was pulling him apart, but as much as I wanted to tell him more I couldn't bare to see him cry.

   I pushed myself up against the headboard, which took a lot out of me. Bill took note and sat next to me on the bed. Before he could say anything I hugged him as tight as I could with my weak arms, and he hugged me back.

   "Stop bl-blaming yourself...."

   Bill's POV:

   "But-"

   I watched as a cut appeared going down her arm, and I realized it wasn't only her powers that were the problem.

   She was absolutely devastated seeing me act like this, and I hadn't done anything to fix that or even try to comfort her. 

   Emotions like that can do serious things to a dream demon, and I was an idiot to not do anything about it.

   Star looked up at me, and I saw pain, fear and sadness in her eye.

   "D-don't look at me like that..."

   Mabel's POV:

   I let go of Bill and turned away from him.

   Why would he say that? Why would he tell me to not look at him with that face? I can't help it if I'm hurt like this, or that I'm terrified. Being in my mindscape was disturbing to say the least.....

   "Star, you know I didn't-"

   "Just stop trying. Or, actually just keep doing nothing."

   "W-what?"

   I turned to face him and he looked surprised to see me angry. I got of my bed and stood in front of him, using all the strength I had left.

   "Ever since we got back, all you've done is blame yourself. And that hasn't helped anything! I am terrified of what might happen to me, and you yelling awful things about yourself with fire blazing in your hands definitely hasn't done anything good! All I've seen is your tears!  And no matter how many times I wipe them away they always come back!"

   "Star I-"

   I didn't hear the rest. My body gave out and I fell to the floor. I blacked out, probably giving Bill a heart attack.