~Chapter 9~

Mabel's POV:

   I opened my eyes, and I felt, different.  I saw Bill sitting in a chair looking at me with a face full of amazement, and I was confused to say the least.

   "Bill? What is it?"

   "G-go look in the mirror."

   I got out of bed, but when I tried to step onto the floor I just fell flat on my face.

   "Did I get, smaller?"

   Bill laughed and picked me up, and I was surprised that I fit in his two hands.

   He stood in front of the mirror, and that's when I saw what happened. I was a shape, like Bill when he was in his triangle form. I was a star, with a trail of purple, green and orange stardust coming from my back. A tall skinny top hat hovered over my point, and I only had one eye that looked like Bill's. I still had arms and legs, thank goodness.

   "I-I'm a star!"

   "You're my Shooting Star."

   I looked up at Bill, who smiled at me.

   "This is cool and all, but am I stuck like this? I'm rather small."

   "You're only fourteen, of course you're small. And no, you're not stuck like this."

   "Do I have a human form like you do?"

   "Yes, all dream demons do."

   "Can you teach me how?"

   "But you look cute in this form."

   I laughed at that, and I realized that I actually did look like a cute cartoon character.

   "Fine. But you're going to be teaching me sometime today."

   "You have a lot to learn, and I have lots to teach, so it should balance out well enough."

   "What first?"

   You could easily hear the excitement in my voice, and Bill seemed happy I was so eager to master my powers.

   "I suppose I could teach you how to float around first, to start with something easy."

   Bill snapped his fingers, and he was in his triangle form. The triangle I had learned to hate, the one I'd been scared of the whole time I've been here. And now here I was sitting here with him, being a dream demon myself, learning to use my powers.

   "Quick question, am I only able to float in my shape form?"

   "No, it's just easier to learn like this."

   "So how do I do it?"

   "Well, to put it simply, you just, well, float. There isn't much to it."

   "Here goes nothing."

   I closed my eye and thought about myself flying through the air, and soon enough I didn't feel anything under my feet.

   I opened my eye to see I hadn't gone up that far, but it was better than nothing.

   "I'm doing it!"

   I suddenly shot up to the ceiling, and after I hit my head I fell back onto my bed.

   "Shooting Star? Are you alright?"

   "Yeah I'm good."

   "I think that's enough floating for today."

   "What next?"

   "Teleportation."

   "Woah!"

   "Picture a place in your mind, snap your fingers, and boom, you're there. Try getting yourself to the other side of the room."

   I followed Bill's instructions, but nothing happened. I kept trying, but I only got the same result.

   "Why can't I do it?"

   "You sure you're thinking of the place you want to go?"

   "Yep."

   "Your mother wasn't very good at teleporting either."

   "Is there anything else I can do?"

   "There's many things. Each dream demon is different. I don't know everything you're able to do, I don't even know everything I can do!"

   "Well anything you can teach me now?"

   "I'll teach you about deals tomorrow. Right now you're going to learn how to change your form."

   "Cool!"

   "Think of the form you want to take, snap your fingers, and there ya go."

   Bill returned to his human form, so I attempted to do the same. I thought about what I was doing, snapped my fingers, and I felt normal again.

   "That's much better."

   I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself.

   "This is much more comfortable than being a shape

   "This is much more comfortable than being a shape."

   Bill quickly got off my bed and hugged me tight which surprised me. I hugged him back, and I could hear him holding back tears. He was making small whimpering noises, and was shaking a little.

   "Dad?"

   He just hugged me tighter, and I started having a little trouble breathing. I snapped my fingers and changed into my other form, leaving a confused Bill.

   "Shooting Star?"

   I sat on his shoulder, and he turned his head to look at me.

   "You were kinda stopping me from breathing."

   "S-sorry about that...."

   I floated in front of Bill before snapping my fingers and returning to my human form. He teared up when I did, leaving me confused.

   "What's wrong? Is it me? D-did I do something wrong?"

   "You haven't done anything wrong. It's just that, your mother wore an outfit like that. And seeing you in it just reminds me of her a lot. You really do look just like her."

   I hugged Bill tight, and he did the same to me.

   "I love you Dad."

   "I love you too, my precious Shooting Star."