~Chapter 20~

Bill's POV:

We talked for awhile, and she eventually fell asleep on the floor. She looked peaceful and happy for once, with the occasional soft smile.

"Sweet dreams, Shooting Star."

And then she looked troubled, and frightened.

"Star?"

"F-father....."

Mabel's POV:

Father and I had been talking for awhile when I fell asleep on the floor. When I woke up I wasn't in the endless white room, but I was in a beautiful clearing full of white flowers.

I guess this is better. I wish I wasn't alone though.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

Silence. Not a single sound. And then I heard footsteps from behind me.

I spun on my heel to face them, only to find me as a five year old girl. She, or maybe I was wearing a purple shirt, a pink skirt, lots of brightly colored bracelets on her arms, and she had bouncy pigtails. But she seemed scared of me.

"D-don't hurt me!"

"I won't hurt you."

"Y-you won't?"

"I promise. Who are you?"

"I'm Mabel Pines, professional love expert! And who are you?"

"Starlina Cipher."

"That's a pretty name! I wish could have a name like that!"

"Why thank you. Mabel, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I went to bed, and then I woke up here! I tried to find somebody, but I didn't for awhile."

"I'm hoping my father gets here soon, he can help us."

"Maybe Dip Dot will come too!"

"Yeah, maybe."

Mabel took my hand, and I was surprised.

"W-what are you doing with my hand?"

"I'm holding it! It's so we don't lose each other!"

I seemed to have lost you a long time ago.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No, it's fine."

I held her hand firmly as we walked through the endless field. Well, I was walking while she skipped. Her pigtails bounced around, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Do you know when your Daddy will be here?"

"My father should be here soon. But it's pointless to wonder around."

Then an idea came into my head.

"Would you like to have a tea party to pass the time?"

"A tea party?! Yes please!"

I snapped my fingers and changed into something I bit more formal. I was in a pink party dress, long black gloves, and short boots with heels. My top hat hovered over my head, with the new pink bow I added.

"You look like a princess!"

"So do you."

I snapped my fingers and she was wearing an outfit fit for a princess, all pink of course. She spun around until she was dizzy, and she had a bright smile on her face.