~Chapter 40~

Crystal kissed her sleeping daughter's forehead and silently left the room. Will came from around the corner and ran to her. Before Crystal could say a word, Will hugged her tight.

"I can't believe you're back... it's been s-so long..."

   Crystal smiled softly and hugged Will back.

   "I missed you, too, Will. I missed all of you so much."

   "I'm a-assuming you want to see Bill?" the blue dream demon asked.

   "Please."

   Will led Crystal to the room across the hall and opened the door for her.

   "W-we don't know when he'll wake up... I'm sorry..."

   Crystal didn't respond. She walked into the room and pulled the curtains away from Bill's bed, laying down next to her sleeping husband.

   "B-Bill... Bill, dear, you h-have to be there for h-her... come b-back to me..." Crystal whispered. "I've missed you s-so much all these years... and now you're n-not even awake to give your wife a kiss..." she wept.

   Will left the room, closing the door behind him. 'Why is our family so broken... the children definitely don't deserve this...' he thought, setting off to find his own children.

   Crystal cried into Bill's chest and held one of his gloved hands in both her own.

   "W-why aren't you awake? You're s-supposed to always be t-there for us... B-Bill... I love you..."

   Crystal soon fell asleep. Coming back to life to see her family in such a state was tiring to say the least.