~Chapter 12~

~In Mabel's Dreams, Mabel's POV~

"Starlina?"

I slowly opened my eyes, and when I looked around I saw that I was in my room, but everything was black and white. Sitting in a chair by the window was a woman who looked Bill's age. She was wearing an outfit like mine, except blue. She also looked a lot like me, and I realized who it was.

"Y-you're-"

"My beautiful Starlina, how much you've grown."

The woman stood up and held her arms out to me, and I ran to her. I hugged her tightly, and she did the same to me.

"I've missed you and your father dearly."

"H-how are you here?"

"This is your mindscape. Anything can happen here. And tonight I happened to have come."

"W-will you come every night?"

"Of course."

"You look a lot like me."

"Your father was right, you did get my looks."

"He misses you. He looks at me and tears form in his eyes I remind him of you so much."

   "H-he does?"

   I nodded my head sadly as I hugged her tighter.

"Starlina, is he still calling you Shooting Star?"

"Yes."

She snapped her fingers, and in her hand was a small box. She handed it to me, and I reluctantly let go of her so I could open it.

Inside was a necklace with a shooting star charm on it, and on the back Starlina had been written in beautiful cursive. I carefully put it on, and I noticed that blue and pink flame glowed in my open hand.

"I will see you tonight, but it's time for you to wake up."

I closed my hand to stop the flames, and I hugged my mother tightly.

"Should I tell him that I saw you?"

"He'll know."

My room faded away, and soon enough disappeared. Mother was gone, and all around me was just an endless white room.

"Dad?"

My voice echoed, but it was the only noise I heard.

"Anyone?"

Nothing happened, and I didn't know what to do.

"Maybe it's a dream in a dream? I could go to sleep here and wake up in the real world? I mean, it's worth a try."

I laid down on the cold hard floor, and drifted off to sleep.