~Chapter 18~

Bill's POV:

I watched as she collapsed on the floor, and I couldn't help it, I blamed myself. I saw more cuts appear on her arms, but I didn't know what to do.

"St-star wake up..... I- I need you...."

Not only is it your fault she got hurt in the first place, now you're making it worse.

"N-no..... It's not my fault...."

A few cuts disappeared on her arms, and I knew what I had to do. But then I saw tears on her cheeks, and I knew I had to go there first.

Mabel's POV:

I woke up, and realized I was here in the void again. And I looked worse than last time.

The arm that used to only be missing the forearm was now gone entirely, I was missing my other hand, my right leg was only my thigh, my left leg still missing the foot. My clothes were covered in blood, I looked as if I'd been stabbed to many times to count.

"W-why am I like this...."

I didn't receive an answer, not that I expected one.

"Father...."

I looked around, trying to see if he was here, but he wasn't.

"I need you...."

"Starlina?"

"M-mom?"

I looked around again and I saw her. She quickly ran to me and hugged me, being careful not to hug to tight.

"Y-you're back....."

"What happened to you?"

I didn't want to answer her question, I just wanted to sit here with her arms around me. Unlike Bill, she was comforting. She didn't hug me so tight that it made the pain worse, and she wasn't crying. She was calm about it, which calmed me down too.

"S-sixer weakened my powers to almost nothing..."

I expected her to tear up, or something else like that, but all she did was smile softly.

"Healing takes time."

I looked up at her, and she had the same calm face on. She wasn't taking quick glances at my cuts, my missing eye, or my missing limbs. Instead, she was just making eye contact with me, while Bill hadn't looked me in the eye at all, just my injuries.

"Why aren't you just focusing on everything that's wrong with me? You're only looking right at me, not breaking eye contact."

"Do you want me to look at your injuries instead?"

"No..... I like how you're only looking at me as if nothing was wrong..... Unlike father..... He was looking at all my cuts, and everything I was missing.... He made me feel so insecure...."

"Your father is just overprotective, and can't bare to see you hurt."

"But does he have to react to it like that? He made it seem like it was worse than it really was...."

"He's acting like this because to him, it's the worst thing that could happen. You're all he has, and all he wants is for you to be happy."

"Star? Where are you?"

"And there he is now."

"I-I'm over here!"

Bill looked at me, and stepped back when he saw who I was with.