~Chapter 4~

Mabel's POV:

   I woke up, noticing that I was still on the floor. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw Bill talking to a henchmaniac. I decided to play possum, so I could get some information.

   "So boss, why are you going soft on this human?"

   "I am not going soft on her! She is Shooting Star!"

   "Isn't that your kidnapped daughter?"

   "We have a winner."

   Wait, daughter? Kidnapped? I'm Bill's daughter? But how? Is Dipper still my brother?

   "You've already missed 13 years of her  life, why take her back?"

   "You don't know anything do you? Two days from now it'll be her fourteenth birthday. And do you know what that means?"

   Bill sounded sweet as he asked the question, but I knew he was just preparing to yell at the creature.

   "She, um, gets taller?"

   "HeR poWerS aRe gOinG to be uNleAshEd you iDiOt!!"

   Woah! I have powers? Cool! I mean, they're probably evil demon powers, but still, pretty cool!

   "I knew that."

   "Sure you did. And I'd appreciate it if you idiots would leave her alone."

   "But boss, she's still a human for another two days. And you ordered us to hunt down any humans, rebels or Symbols. She's all of those!"

   "And now I'm ordering you numbskulls to leave her alone."

   "Overprotective father much?"

   "Shut up."

   I decided to open my eyes, and saw the monster glaring down at me. I quickly sat up and braced myself against the wall, expecting the worst.

   "Are you deaf?! I told you to leave her alone!"

   Bill was a triangle again, and instead of yellow he was red.

   "Fine, fine."

   The creature walked off, and Bill snapped his fingers to return to his human form.

   "Shooting Star, get off the ground you look rather pathetic."

   "Bill..... Is it true?"

   I saw some of the confidence leave his face, and he looked at me a little worried.

   "You weren't asleep were you?"

   "Well, I was.... But then I woke up, and decided to kinda eavesdrop on you guys....."

   "Well, yes. It's true."

   "How, I just, I mean-"

   "Go to your room, it's getting late. I'll explain in the morning."

   "I have a room here?"

   "Down the hall to the left. It's across from my study."

   "Goodnight Bill."

   "Goodnight Shooting Star, scary nightmares."

   I started walking down the hall, when I stopped.

   "B-Bill?"

   "Yes?"

   "C-could you tuck me in?"

   "What?"

   "N-nothing."

   I walked to my door, and saw that it was the same color as my sweater. It was hot pink, with my shooting star symbol on it.

   I opened the door, and I saw my beautiful room. Everything was pink, and there were shooting star decorations all over.

   Bill teleported next to me, which frightened me to say the least.

   "Bill!"

   I fell backwards and landed in a pink bean bag.

   "Did I scare you?"

   "I think that's kinda obvious."

   Bill snapped his fingers, and a yellow bean bag appeared next to me. He sat down in it, and looked at me.

   "Shooting Star, do you wish to talk about- you know what, now?"

   "I- I think so...."

   "Once, long, long ago, there was a beautiful dream demon. And always by her side, was the other dream demon, who was and still is incredibly handsome. And they loved each other to no end. The male had never loved anyone before, and had been reluctant to even talk to her at first. And like most dream demons who come to love each other, they soon had a child, who would be born about a week from their marriage-"

   "Are dream demon babies born like normal babies?"

   "No, first their powers are created and contained in a small clear box. And one day the child just appears in that box."

   "Cool!"

   Bill chuckled at my comment, and I saw a small smile on his face. But it wasn't an evil grin, it was a true heartfelt smile.

   About a week after you were born, you're mother was- y-you're mother was-"

   "She's gone, isn't she?"

   Bill nodded, and I saw tears in his eyes.

   "Sometimes you look so much like her."

   "Wait, so why was I raised with my parents? Or, you know what I mean."

   "Sixer kidnapped you. He k-killed your mother and took you away from me. I- I missed your entire childhood, your f-first spell....."

   "I've never used any magic before."

   "W-what? By the time you were five you should have been able to use your powers on your own.... Unless- I aM goIng to Kill tHat maN!"

   "B-Bill?"

   Bill looked at me, and he calmed down.

   "If you haven't done anything along the lines of magical, then it's safe to assume that Sixer took your p-powers...."

   "O-oh...."

   "Shooting Star, I think it's time for you to rest. I'll talk to you more tomorrow."

I stood up and walked over to my bed, with Bill following me. I got into bed, and I saw Bill with an apologetic look on his face.

"Bill...?"

Bill snapped his fingers, and Waddles appeared at the foot of my bed.

"W-Waddles!"

The pig quickly ran into my open arms and I hugged him tightly.

"Goodnight Shooting Star."

Bill snapped his fingers and the lights went off, and the blankets wrapped around me.

"Goodnight dad."

I fell asleep before I saw Bill's reaction, but I'm sure it wasn't bad one.