~Chapter 37~

Jill's POV:

Stella stood up and walked to me, a beautiful bright smile in her face. The first one I'd seen in a while.

"You feel much better now, don't you dear?"

She nodded eagerly and hugged me tight. I hugged her back, minding her wings.

"Oh darling your wings are so beautiful."

   She looked back at her wings, then back to me with a soft smile. Her wings are a gorgeous dark purple, the tips pointed. The only way I can describe them is like a bat's wings; but with elegance to them.

   "Now darling... where did he cut them?"

   Her smile faded. Tears filled her silver eyes. She hugged me tight, choking back cries.

  "No darling... it's alright to cry..."

   I sat her in my lap sideways and held her close. I kissed her forehead, unintentionally leaving a faint purple lipstick mark on her. I took the lacy handkerchief from my breast pocket and wiped it off. I lightly wiped her tears away before wiping the makeup off her face. She insists on wearing it, though she hates it.

   "There we are, all nice and clean."

   "T-thank you Mom..."

"You're welcome, darling."

I rocked back and forth gently, and she slowly drifted off to sleep. Her wings faded away and I rubbed her back.

"Goodnight Stella. I love you."

Suddenly Tyrone came bursting into the room.

"Aunt Jill! Stella! We're bringing Aunt Crystal back!"

Stella snapped awake and clung to me for her dear life. Her heart was going a mile a minute. She was trembling terribly.

"Tyrone!" Will's angry voice called from further down the hallway.

In the darkness of the room, Tyrone couldn't see us. He couldn't see the problem he'd caused.

"Get out here now Tyrone! And close the door behind you!" Will shouted.

Tyrone looked confused but did as his father told him.

I looked down at Stella, who was a complete mess.

Oh darling you were so happy... so happy and peaceful...

I hugged her close as she bawled.

"Hush now my little darling... 'twas only Tyrone..."

  He doesn't know why we knock before we come in... he doesn't understand why we can't yell at Stella about anything... why we can't come thundering down the hallway... only Will and Bill know... if the family knew everything it would be a lot less stressful for Stella...

   "D-do you t-t-think so?"

   I'd forgotten she reads thoughts at a more advanced level than most other demons. With other demons you can tell when they're reading your thoughts. But with Stella, no one realizes until she asks about them.

   "It would help everyone understand why your room is always dark and quiet, why you don't like loud noises, why you don't like surprises. Why Lucifer isn't around our family anymore..."

   Stella tensed at the sound of my (now gone) husband's name. She clung softly to the back of my tux jacket and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Darling, do you want to tell them?"

"I-it has been three years since you st-stopped him... sh-should I?"

   "That decision is up to you darling."

   "I... I think... I want to tell them..."

A/N: y'all finally get to learn Jill and Stella's backstory! I've had the idea since September 2016. Just now getting around to it.