~Chapter 6~

Mabel's POV:

   Bill and I appeared in front of the shack, and it hurt me to be back here.

"I don't want to go in there....."

   "Shooting Star, everything is ok, I will keep you safe."

   "O-ok...."

   Bill and I walked up to the shack, but he stopped before he reached the porch.

   "Bill? Come on let's go in."

   "I can't. Sixer used that stupid barrier spell against me."

   "Oh right! The thing I got the unicorn hair for!"

   "Shooting Star, take my hand."

   "Um, ok."

   I did as Bill told me to, and we walked right through the force field.

   "How did that work?"

   "I'll explain later. Right now, Sixer's the one who's going to be explaining things."

   Bill burst into the mystery shack, to see the members of the Pines family making a plan.

   "H-how did you get in here?!"

   "Geez Pine Tree, calm down. My daughter brought me in."

   Dipper, Stan and Bill started bickering and throwing childish teases at each other, and I found it rather hilarious.

   "You're just an isosceles idiot!"

   "At least I'm not a stupid tree!"

   "That's just what you call me!"

   It was starting to get boring by the fifth insult so I decided to talk to Ford.

   "Is it true? Bill's my real dad? That you killed my real mom? That you took my powers?"

   "It was for your own good."

"B-but why did you have to kill her?"

"Bill can't feel love, he's a demon."

"He seems to love me. In a fatherly way. A-and I love him!"

Everyone looked over at me, with blank expressions.

"Y-you're kidding right? You can't honestly love or even care about Bill."

"Dipper, he's my dad. Of course I love him."

"Mabel, stop being ridiculous. You're going to stay here, with us."

Ford was already trying to convince me to stay, but after the way they turned their backs on me, I didn't want to be with them.

"I don't want to be with you guys, you aren't my real family!"

"Dipper is your brother, and Stan and I have been taking care of you for a year now. We are your family, not this demon."

Ford pulled his gun out from his jacket and aimed it at Bill. I quickly stood in front of him, blocking him from Ford.

"Shooting Star what are you doing?!"

"Move out of the way Mabel, right now."

Ford put his finger on the trigger, preparing to shoot at me.

"This is your last chance."

I still didn't move, and I soon saw the bullet flying right at me. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to hit and kill me. But it never came.

I opened my eyes, and saw that we were in the basement. Bill must have teleported and brought me with him.

Tears trickled down my cheeks, and Bill looked heartbroken.

   "Ford shot at me..... A-and then you saved m-me...."

   "Of course I would save you. I'm not losing you again."

   We could both hear the confusion upstairs, and Ford sounded furious. I was still shaking, and tears made their way down my rosy cheeks.

   "Is something wrong Shooting Star?"

"J-just scared...."

"I'm pretty sure I'm the scariest thing in this room."

Bill wiped my tears away with a small smile on his face. I embraced him in a tight hug, and he hugged me back.

"Are you ok now?"

"Y-yeah."

"Come along then, we're going to find your powers."

I could feel something, deep inside me, that was telling me they were somewhere in here.

"Bill, I think they're in here."

"Your powers are calling to you aren't they?"

"It feels like it..."

"Let's go find them then."

"What do my powers look like?"

"Well, they sparkle, they're pink, and they're never still. Just like you."

   I let out a laugh, causing Bill to smile.

   We walked around Ford's study in the basement, but neither of us found anything. I looked over at a clock and saw that it was already past ten. A tired feeling came over me, and I couldn't feel my legs. I fell to the floor, and Bill came running over to me.

   "Shooting Star?"

   "Open..."

   I limply pointed at a small drawer that was in a desk. Bill ran over and opened it, to find an object that looked like the rift. But instead of a galaxy inside, there was glowing pink light.

   "Shooting Star, we found it."