~Chapter 24~

Bill's POV:

I never should have written that book..... But how was I supposed to know she would be taken from me? It was meant to be given to her on her fifth birthday, the day she did her first spell...... And now here she is in my arms absolutely terrified, what kind of father am I?

Sixer and Pine Tree had already gone back in, the younger one being absolutely shocked as to what his great uncle had done to my little Starlina.

She had fallen asleep a while ago, making occasional small moans and looking uneasy.

"My beautiful little Starlina...."

How could I let this happen to her? She doesn't deserve this, if anything I do. I just want her to be happy...

"Come on, let's go home. I'm sure they're worried about us."

I snapped my fingers and we appeared in the main room of the castle, with me holding her bridal style as she continued to sleep peacefully. Will and Tyrone came running over to us, while Mabel just casually walked over.

"B-B-Bill, what h-happened to Starlina?!"

"Will, you're going to wake her up."

"S-sorry. But what h-happened?"

"Well, long story short..... Sixer took her powers away..."

Their eyes went wide, even Mabel looked extremely worried. (And that's a first.)

"I'll explain more later, but first I'm going to lay her down."

I left the room and went into Star's, carefully placing her on her bed before pulling the covers over her.

"I love you, my little Starlina."

   I kissed her forehead before going back to the shocked demons.

   "B-Bill, how did Starlina even get there? I w-went into her room to check on her, one minute she was in her bed sleeping, and the next m-minute she was gone!"

   "Sixer used that journal to summon her...."

   "The one you wrote for her?"

   I nodded my head and looked at the floor, ashamed of myself.

   "Bill-"

   "I'll be with Starlina if you need me."

   I left the room silently, holding back my tears. I found Starlina sitting up in her bed, confused and afraid. She had her knees pulled up to her chest, and shaking nervously. It broke my heart to see her like this.

   "Hello Starlina."

   "H-hi..."

   I sat next to her and pulled her into a warm hug as she cried softly.

   "Father?"

   "Yes Starlina?"

   "A-am I human?"