~Chapter 5~

Mabel's POV:

   "Shooting Star?"

   I slowly opened my eyes and saw Bill standing in the doorway.

   "Good morning Bill."

   "Good morning to you as well Shooting Star."

   "Bill, could you tell me more about, well, everything?"

   "I'll tell you more later. You need to get dressed and when you're done, meet me in my study. Important things are happening today."

   "What sort of important things?"

   I was full of curiosity and excitement, which Bill laughed at in a loving way.

   "You'll find out soon enough. Your closet is full of those sweaters you made, I didn't think you would want to be without them. There is a dress in there, but you are not to wear it until tomorrow."

   "Ok dad! I mean, Bill!"

   "Call me what you wish. I'll be in my study waiting for you."

   Bill walked out into the hall closing the door behind him.

   I ran over to my closet and opened it to find all of my sweaters. I chose the purple one with the puppy playing basketball, along with a blue skirt. I quickly got dressed, and did my hair before opening my door.

   "Seems we've got a human wondering around now don't we?"

   There was a tall, pink monster standing in front of me. She seemed to be made of flames, and looked rather frightening.

   "H-hello."

   "You're Bill's daughter aren't you?"

   "I- I think so."

   The monster put her flaming hand on my face, giving me a serious burn. I cried out in pain, and I heard someone bursting out of the door behind the woman.

   "Pyronica!"

   The female froze, and turned to face Bill as I fell to the ground.

   "How hard is it to do what I order you morons to do?!"

   Bill pushed past her and sat down in front of me.

   "Leave. And tell the others to go start the morning patrol, with no complaints or questions asked. And I don't care if it's early and they're still sleeping, go wake them up."

   The woman did as she was told and ran out of the hall into another. I looked up at Bill, and could see the worry on his face.

   "I've never seen you worried before. And I've definitely never seen you worried about me."

   "Of course I'm worried about you."

   Bill put his gloved hand over my burn, and the pain faded away. I sat up, and without thinking I hugged Bill. He seemed surprised, but he didn't try to push me away.

   "W-why are you hugging me?"

   I quickly let go, and messed with my hands nervously. Everything felt so awkward, even though I didn't think there was a reason for it to be.

   "I just thought daughters were supposed to hug their dads, that's all."

   "You're taking this way better than I thought you would."

   "What do you mean by that?"

   "I though you'd be freaked out when you learned that I'm your real father, that you have powers and all those things. I thought you wouldn't believe me."

   "Well, I do believe you. And it might take a little getting used to, but you don't seem like that bad a guy."

   Bill stood up, and held his hand out to me. I took it and stood next to him, noticing he was taller than me.

   "So where are we going?"

   "That old shack."

   "I- what if they take me back?"

   "Are you saying that you want to stay with me?"

   "Y-yeah. You're my dad after all."

   Bill smiled a small caring smile, before his face became serious again.

   "I'm not letting anyone take you away from me ever again."

   Bill snapped his fingers, and a blue portal appeared in front of us.

   "Woah, cool!!"

   "Come along Shooting Star."

   Bill stepped into the portal, and I went in after him.