~Chapter 26~

Stella's POV:

The portal led me in front of a strange house, and I walked onto the porch.

Wait, what am I doing? These people probably don't like dream demons to much.....

I snapped my fingers and appeared in a dusty attic. In one of the beds there was someone under the blankets, curled up in a ball and crying softly.

   "A-are you Starlina?"

   "Who are you."

   "I'm your cousin, Stella Code."

   The person pushed the blankets off of them, and sat up. She looked awful, covered in cuts, burns, and plenty of other things.

   "S-so are you Starlina?"

   "You can call me Star."

   She managed a small smile, but I could tell how hurt she was. I sat next to her on the bed, and without thinking I hugged her. She relaxed into the warm embrace, resting her head on my shoulder.

   "How is Father doing?"

   "....... Do you want the truth or a friendly lie?"

   "The truth."

   "Star, he's miserable. Absolutely, miserable. One second he's throwing things at the wall and swearing, then he's on the floor sobbing which can go on for hours at a time....."

   "I- I have to be there with him!"

   "Couldn't you just make a deal with Pine Tree?"

   "I'm scared Sixer might see me and bring me down to the basement to use me for experiments....."

   "I'll go with you."

   "Th-thank you Stella."

   We both went downstairs, and I saw a group of people standing around a table. Star cleared her throat, and they all turned to look at her.

   "I've got a deal for you, Pine Tree."

Jill's POV:

   "Oh Will, I'm so worried about them."

   "Jill, Stella has only been gone for an hour, and we both know they can take care of themselves."

   "I know, I just don't like when she's away. Speaking of, I'm gonna go check on Bill. You coming?"

   "Of course."

   Will and I went into Bill's study, to see him sitting at his desk writing.

   "How are you Bill?"

   He set his pen down and looked over at us. A small smile formed on his face and he came to stand with us. He pulled us into a tight hug and we both hugged him back as he cried softly.

   "You both mean the world to me, you know that?"

   Will and I shook our heads as our eyes filled with tears.

   "I l-love you B-Bill."

   "I love you too Will."

   Even though I was the oldest, Bill was like a big brother to me. I had only been born a month before them, so there wasn't that much of an age difference. He was always there for me, and could always laugh in the face of danger. Bill means everything to me, and I miss the days when we were younger.

   "Bill..."

   "Yeah Jill?"

   "Don't ever leave us."

   "I won't, I promise."