~Chapter 30~

Starlina's POV:

   "Stella!"

   I ran with Father into the main room to see that the rebellion had broken through the wall again.

   Ugh not this again.

   "Leave my daughter alone!"

   The humans had started to circle around Stella, who was completely terrified of them. Jill held her daughter close in one arm, the other blazing with purple flames in her outstretched hand.

   "LAY A FINGER ON MY SHOOTING STAR AND YOU WILL PAY"

   Her eye glowed purple, and glowing purple brick designs decorated her arms and legs. Will stood beside her, glowing the same way but a bright baby blue with yellow flames. Mabel and Tyrone stood behind him at an angle, but each had a hand held up and glowing a bright turquoise. I followed Father as he stood firmly on the other side of Jill, soon glowing like his siblings but yellow with blue flames dancing in his open palm. I stood behind him at an angle, bright blue and pink flames jumping in my hand.

   "MESS WITH ONE CIPHER AND YOU'LL BE DEALING WITH ALL OF US. YA SEE FEZ, SIXER, PINE TREE, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FAMILY STICKS TOGETHER. NO WONDER MY STARLINA WANTS TO BE WITH ME, NONE OF YOU SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT HER UNTIL YOU LOST HER!"

   "Mabel! Come back to us! I'm sorry if you thought we didn't care-"

   "Thought!? I knew! You were the twin everyone liked! And I know Candy and Grenda," I looked at them. "Only chose to be around me because you asked them to! You always felt sorry for me, but you were always so busy with your smart people stuff that I was left behind!"

   "M-Mabel-"

   "No! Stop calling me that! My name is Starlina!"

   "St-Star?"

   I looked up at my Father who seemed extremely worried about me.

   "Star-"

   "Enough!"

   The room fell silent after Sixer yelled.

   "The only damn reason we want you taken from Cipher is to get rid of the demon!"

   "I won't let you hurt my Father!"

   Tyrone and Mabel stepped out from behind Will to stand in front of Father and I. They both spoke in unison as their hands and amulets glowed the same turquoise as their eyes.

   "We won't let you hurt our family."

   Will stood beside Tyrone.

   "I won't let you hurt my twin or niece."

   Jill stood next to Mabel.

   "I won't let you hurt my little brother or his daughter. And if human blood is spilled while I protect my family, so be it."

   Sixer pulled his strange gun from the holster and aimed it at Stella, threatening to shoot.

   "I'm shooting on three. And if your goddamn ass isn't over here by then-"

   "That is no way to speak to my daughter!"

   Father jumped at Sixer right as the gun was shot, barely missing him and going straight for Stella. I instantly put a dome like shield around us with another around Stella, just for good measure. The beam of light disappeared as soon as it hit the outside shield.

   "Leave! You humans have no idea the mistake you're making, messing with a Cipher!"

   But Father wasn't done yet. He grabbed the gun from Sixer's hands and broke it in two. He then picked him up by the collar of his sweater with one hand, setting the other ablaze.

   "LeAve, All of yOu!"

   He threw Sixer back to the mob of people, who all soon fled back into the Shacktron.

   Could we just destroy that thing already, it's getting-

   I looked at Father, who's clothes had gone completely black with glowing yellow layered brick designs. Blue flames blazed strongly in his hands as he walked closer to the Shacktron.

   "LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE YOU WEAK AND PATHETIC MEAT BAGS."

   He didn't need to tell them twice, they took off running into the shack, which soon ran back into the forest.

   Father's clothes turned back to the yellow with black designs, but he fell to his knees and hugged his chest as he hyperventilated deeply.

   "Father!"

   I ran to him and sat down in front of him, putting my hands on his shoulders.

   "Father are you alright!?"

   I looked into his eye, but instead of the usually slitted golden pupil, the whole eye was only a shimmering galaxy filled with stars.

   "Father what's happening to you!?"

A/N: it feels so good to be writing this story again! And I came up with SO MANY ideas yesterday, that may or may not involve Starlina finding her true love. *cough cough* girlfriend *cough cough*