~Chapter 13~

Bill's POV:

   I looked over at the clock on the wall, noticing that it was already past noon.

   "Shooting Star should've been up by now, I suppose I should go check on her."

   I placed my book back down on the table and went into the hall to her door.

   "Shooting Star? Are you in there?"

   No response. I tried knocking, but nothing happened. I opened the door to find her asleep, but she looked troubled.

   "Shooting Star?"

   I sat next to her on her bed, and I saw her necklace.

   "Y-you saw her...."

   I looked at her hand that was laying there motionless and saw that it had some serious burns.

   "You tried using your fire didn't you?"

   She didn't respond, not that I expected her to.  

   "Shooting Star, wake up. It's already past noon."

   Then it hit me.

   She's stuck in her mindscape. She's all alone in there, with no one to help her out.

   "How could I forget to teach her about the mindscape? She's probably scared out of her mind right now! Well, technically scared inside her mind- now's not the time!"

   I placed my hand on her forehead, and snapped my fingers before I disappeared into her mind.

~In Mabel's Mindscape~

   Mabel's POV:

   I woke up, but I was still in this endless void.

   "How am I supposed to get out?"

   My voice echoed, and realization hit that I was all alone with no one to help me. I laid back down and cried silently, because I was out of ideas, and I missed Bill.

   "Shooting Star? Where are you?"

   "D-dad?"

   I sat up and looked around, and I saw him.

   "Dad!"

   I quickly stood up and ran to him. He embraced me in a tight hug, and I did the same to him.

   "I thought I was gonna be stuck here..."

   "Everything is ok, I'm here now."

   "W-where are we?"

   "You're mindscape."

   "I don't like it here...."

   "It's only like this because I haven't taught you how it works. First you-"

   "I want to leave....."

   I started to cry silently, not like a spoiled child who doesn't get what they want, but because I was scared.

   "Shooting Star?"

   "Pl-please?"

   "Of course."

   Bill snapped his fingers, and I woke up in my bed. My room looked normal, and Bill was sitting at the foot of my bed. I quickly went to him and hugged him, and he did the same to me.