Nicos Flash back

Disclaimer: all characters from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the Heroes of Olympus and the trials of Apollo are not my own though there will be some of my own characters in this.

HELLO IMPORTANT!!!

this fic is old. Really old. Like almost 5 years old. And it's not my favourite thing in the world.
If there is any misinformation or bad unnecessary plot points please tell me and I'll get rid of them!

I have a lot of other, more recent work, if you're still looking for solangelo fics to read! They're much better! In my opinion!

Psychopath (solangelo, in the process of editing)
Delusional (solangelo, ongoing)
One shots (solangelo)
Killing in the name (snowbaz, ongoing)

^^^^^^^^^

June 29, 2008- Italy

There was a storm brewing darkly in the sky Monday night. 8 year old Nico was covered with his big duvet over his head as he held on tightly to his new puppy mrs. O'leary. He stuck his head out hoping the storm was finally over when a mighty crash shook the house making him retreat right back under again.
About 5 minutes later Nico smelt smoke and despite his fear of lightning he got out of the covers.
"Bianca?" He called across the room to his sleeping sister. She looked up,

"What is it Nico? It's almost midnight and I'm trying to sleep," she complained

"But don't you smell that? It smells like smoke," he replied glancing at the closed door

"It's probably nothing,"

"Can we check, Bee, please?" He pleaded and she sighing swinging her legs over her small single bed and they crept to the door. He just wanted to see his mother who was on the top level- he was on the main.
His father was away on business in the USA so his mother had to take care of two children all by herself.

Nico opened the door his, navy blue blanket over him and they tiptoed through the living room and to the stairs, him still holding his puppy and in his black onesies with little dancing skeletons on them that his mother bought for him two days before.
They walked up slowly and they noticed it was getting hotter and hotter.

"Nico," Bianca warned as they neared the top and she passed in front of him.
When she got to the top and turned to the right where the hallway spread, she froze.

"Bee?" Nico asked and raced up the last three steps to see what she was looking at. He turned and came face to face with a small but climbing fire in their fathers office at the end of the hall.

Mrs. O'leary whined quietly and Nico pulled her closer, his eyes flicking to his mothers room two doors down from the fire.

"Bianca- bee I think we should go," Nico said pulling on Bianca's sleeve of her night gown.

"But- but what about mama?" She asked staring at her door.
Nico turned at the sound of sirens in the distance and at that moment Bianca ripped out of Nico's grip as she launched herself to her mothers door. She grabbed the handle but let go just as quick staring at her now burnt hand.
Nico stood in shock as Bianca got over the pain and started pounding on the door.
She yelled for her mother over the roar of the growing fire that was getting closer.
Maria tried to open the door but burnt her hand as well. She was trapped, Nico realized as Bianca sobbed  and her mother cried out to her to leave.
Bianca protested, sweat beading on her forehead as her hands rested on the door, knowing she wouldn't be able to get in.

Nico, not processing what was happening exactly as he stared at his older sister. She sobbed louder than the fire and looked towards the stairs when a loud crash sounded and male shouts came from downstairs.
Nico watched 4 or 5 men bound up the stairs. One grabbed him and
mrs. O'leary, bringing him downstairs, shielding him from the destruction, but not before he saw his sister screaming at the men to save her mother and not her and her kicking and sobbing as the fire got as close as a metre away.

Nico and Bianca were forced to sit on the grass with nothing but what they were wearing and Nico's blanket as they waited for their mother to be saved but she never came.
Bianca held Nico as she cried but he still believed Maria would be fine. He didn't care for their house or his possessions.

Only the next day did the pain of losing his mother did Nico cry. And many days after.

End of flash back

New flash back

December 18,2010- New York

"Don't let her get hurt," Nico said to Percy Jackson who Bianca was going with as well as her friends Thalia, Zoe and Grover to a junk yard near the camp they were staying at that winter break.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her," he replied turning and sprinting off to catch up with them

~~~~~~~

"Where's Bianca?" Nico asked Percy who was looking down and rubbing the back of his neck guiltily. He had tears glistening in his eyes.

"Percy-" Nico's voice cracked tears threatened to appear in his eyes

"She- Bianca, she wanted to give you this," he paused, passing Nico a figure from his game mythomagic,
"We were walking under a unstable piece of junk and she saw this wedged in it and knew it was from your game and that you didn't have it so she pulled it out and it wobbled. It started to fall and since she and I were the only ones under it because I s-stayed with her, we were the only ones in danger. As we r- ran I guess she saw only one of us would get out and she p-pushed me out of the way at the l-last second. She d-died Nico. I'm so so sorry," he said looking up at him.

"WHAT! YOU SAID YOU WOULD WATCH HER!" Nico yelled, "You said you wouldn't let her get hurt," he said quieter as he sunk to the ground clutching the toy.

"Nico-"

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME," he yelled standing up and running into the forest that was around the camp.

Nico ran for a long time until he collapsed under a tree in exhaustion, heart wrenching sobs escaping him.

End of flash backs

A/n
That was sad.... Oh well I needed a back story that had nothing to to with angry gods or falling automans so there we go!
Comment or vote!

Thea