Valentines day

Wills pov (this is two weeks after nicos birthday)

Valentine's Day.
A day where people show there love and gratitude to each other, hug and kiss, and little kids hand out cute cards and candy.
I've never had a girlfriend on Valentine's Day so I've never really celebrated, and neither did lou Ellen or Cecil so we usually planned something together. This year though, we all were going out with someone, each someone we never dreamed we would or could be with.
Valentine's Day was on Tuesday this year but the school actually listened to our debate the year before and made it a holiday. I'm not sure how they did that, but we didn't have to go to school today and I was thankful.
Nico and I didn't plan anything, which I'm completely fine with, because I love spending time with him and the addition of roses and chocolate made it even better.
I kept my eyes closed for a long time, just thinking and loving how I could lay there on a week day and not have to worry about school.
I sat up finally, with my eyes still closed and stretched my arms above my head, and then rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.
I opened them and saw that there was something dark on my floor. Or somethings.
I turned on my reading lamp on my bedside table and looked at the things again.
Rose petals, they were red rose petals, strewn across my bedroom floor, plus an empty base and a box on my desk.

Knowing that this was probably  (hopefully) was Nico's work, I stepped out of bed tip toeing around the petals too my desk.
The box was beside the vase, which was shaped in a heart, and had a card attached to it.
I picked up the card and flipped it open,

Will,
Happy Valentine's Day. Meet me at my house as soon as possible,
Love, Nico

I smiled and opened the box that had assorted Lindt chocolates, that I will definitely eat later.
I got dressed quickly, into a pair of jeans, navy t-shirt and army jacket, as well as my grey converse before stomping up the stairs As fast as possible.
My parents seemed to have just woke up and we're cooking together in the kitchen.

"Hey sweety, we're making breakfast, do you want some?" My mom asked, seemingly in a very good mood. My dad was humming and doing stuff around her, occasionally patting or stroking her shoulder, or twirling a finger through her hair.

"Sorry mum, Nico left me a note that said to meet me at his house, I have to go," I replied, quickly tying up one of my converse

"Ah yes, I forgot, he passed through really early this morning when I was reading, you know I wake up very early, so maybe 7:00? Anyways he mentioned he planned something without telling you, so you better go, have a good Valentine's Day," she said and went back to her cooking. He planned something secretly? That sneaky little shit, Double crossing me like that. I hate surprises, and I think Nico knows this but I guess he didn't seem to care.

I rushed to the door, and as I was about to leave I saw jax hopping down the stairs with a look of glee on his face.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked, stopping myself in the doorway.

"Caleb is taking me out on our second date today!" He said excitedly. He was really mature at times, but most of the time he had the soul of a 12 year old. After he started at our school once school started again after the earthquake, 2 weeks ago, he found out one of his internet friends was actually in one of his classes. After he talked to me (but mostly Nico) he got the courage to talk to him and Caleb immediately recognized him. They were already really good friends, and they both were out to each other. Jax took the school as a new start and came out on the first day, but apparently Caleb wasn't so they are still secretly dating but jax is fine with that. They started to date a week after hanging out in real life, since they apparently both had crushes on each other when they were still strictly Internet friends, so once they confessed they started to date, and jax hasn't been happier. They are so adorable too, I wished me and Nico met earlier so we could have a relationship like theirs might be later in life.