The one and only

Wills pov (again)

I ended up falling asleep. On a Saturday at 4:00 shouldn't be a bad thing but when Nico and I were woken up by a high pitched Yelp to see Hazel standing beside the couch at 10:40 at night and she saw us tangled in each others limbs, well let's just say that caused a little trouble. We tried untangling ourselves but that was a lot harder than expected when one of the people has a broken leg and arm. When we finally did, we tried explaining to Hazel that we fell asleep watching a movie and nothing else she just nodded and silently headed up to her room.

While Nico rubbed his eyes trying to wake up, I grabbed my phone and went through millions of notifications from Lou and Cecil first asking how it went and then from 9:00 till now asking if I was alive still and multiple from my mom and siblings asking where I was.

"Shit," I mumbled tapping furiously at my password so I could tell everyone I was ok and very much alive.

"What's wrong?" Nico asked tiredly with his head drooping.

"My friends and mom are freaking out, they think I'm dead," I said as I texted them all back

"I wish I had a mom to worry about me and think I was dead," Nico mumbled half asleep as he curled in the couch again.
"But instead I'm just sad she is dead,"
Whoa. I feel like I'm intruding. If he was awake he would never have said this stuff.

"So that's why you were uncomfortable around my mom," I said quietly

"Yup. I wish I had a mommy to make dinner for friends and take care of me," I don't think he was awake anymore. I swear he was asleep. He sounded so small.

"You have Hazel,"

"Ya, and a dad that's always gone," he said and fell asleep  completely again.

I had to get home so my mom could kill me for a second time (her words not mine) but I didn't want to leave Nico on the couch so I carried him to his room (or what I assumed was) and placed him on his bed, tucking him in like a child. After I brought his chair up, I was going to leave but he caught my wrist before I left,

"Don't you dare tell anyone,"

"About your mum?" I asked

"That I- that I," he dropped his wrist and fell asleep.

"Night Nico," I said and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~

Nico was very quiet Monday morning and whenever I tried talking to him he would glare at me so I didn't talk and neither did my family.

We got to school at a reasonable time and said goodbye to Austin and Kayla. I brought Nico over to Lou Ellen and Cecil who smiled at Nico widely as we approached.
They didn't believe me when I told them nothing happened Saturday and they kept teasing me when we were hanging out the day after.

"Hi Lou, Cecil," I said lightly so Nico wouldn't look back at me when I glared at them warningly.

"Hi Will, Nico, how was your weekend? We know all about Wills but wanted to hear about yours," Lou said sweetly.
Nico, being tired and grumpy, looked up and shot me a glare and said fine very quietly. Lou opened her mouth to say more but she shut it just as soon she she saw my face. I knew not to push Nico. It never ended well.
"Well we should probably head inside," Cecil said pointing a thumb at the school and we all nodded.
I went to my locker first to grab the stuff I needed and then went to Nico's which was a little farther down. Once we had our stuff I headed to art with Nico in front of me.

We walked in the class before the second bell rang and mr. Sandie nodded at us as I brought him to the back of the room.
Nico seemed rather angry all through art and made no friendly conversation with mr. S so when the period was over I brought Nico to an empty classroom.