Christmassssssss Part one

Nico's pov

I love Christmas.
I love having Christmas Eve with Hazel and watching movies all night while drinking hot chocolate.
Now my father was here.
He wanted to have a proper dinner and all that and that's not how Hazel and I rolled.
It was to proper for us.

"Dinner!" He called from the kitchen that night.

Hazel and I headed to the dining room from the tv room where we were watching Rudolph the red nose reindeer.

"Holy..." I muttered under my breath. It seemed that my dad has cooked a feast for 10 other people.
The whole table was filled with homemade goods; mashed potatoes, squash, turnip, Brussel sprouts, stuffing and obviously a turkey, that was seasoned and baked to perfection.

"How did you- did you do all of this?" Hazel asked my father who was untying his black apron and sitting at the head of the table.

"Yup, now sit and let's dig in," he said and starting cutting the turkey.
I sat timidly and I started to fill my plate with various food items.

To say the least, it was delicious. More than delicious. Better than anything I've ever had after my mama died (she was a genius when it came to food).

"So," hades said as we ate,  "we're going to Wills house tomorrow for Christmas dinner?"

"Ya, I'm pretty sure Naomi is cooking it with the help of his dad's sister," I replied, chewing my food savourily.

"That's nice. And Will is nice?" He asked, looking at my wrist yet again. I know he wanted to know what happened but he still hasn't asked so I wouldn't tell him.

"Yes he is very nice. He's my best friend, I love him," I said, stuffing my mouth during the end part making it sound like 'I muughd ifm'

"As long as he treats you well. As long as we're talking about that..." Oh no here it comes.
"What happened there?" He pointed his fork at my wrist.
I was getting my stitches out two days after New Years and I was thankful, they were really annoying.

"It wasn't Will if that's what you're thinking. He wouldn't hurt a fly," I said

"What happened though?" How could I explain this?

"I-i needed stitches,"

"Why?" He questioned

"I um," I looked at Hazel who shrugged her shoulders
"Tripped, on cement and um onto a piece of... Glass?" I said more as a question than statement.

"Oh, well I hope you are ok," he said but didn't seem to believe me.

We finished in silence and my dad heated up an apple crumble that he bought at the bakery that's beside the ice cream parlour.

After that we went into the tv room and Hazel and I sat on the ground as he pulled up a chair and sat as well.
I was sitting crisscross on the maroon carpet in front of the tree.
Hazel and I handed out the presents that we were for tonight and I couldn't help but smile at the leftover presents that were for the other people In my life.

"Ok Hazel, you first," I said. Ever since I was small I made sure the youngest opened their present first and then go up by the ages.

"Ok," she said and took my present to her from the two presents in front of her.
She opened the box slowly and then cupped a hand around her mouth when she saw what it was.
I moved forwards and took the locket from the box and moved behind her and just like Troy Bolton from high school musical I put it around her neck (yes I'm not not uncultured).

I moved back to my spot and watched as she opened it up and smiled at the picture of her and me on a hike we went on during the summer and we got a person there to take our picture, (her idea not mine obviously).