Shattered

Wills pov

The bell rang for the end of school and I rushed out, avoiding all of my friends.
Lou Ellen being Lou Ellen followed me to my locker.

"Will, why don't you come over? I have good news I want to tell you and I think it'll cheer you up-"

"Lou just go away. I don't want to be cheered up. It's my fault he left," I said to her as I got my stuff out and into my bag.

"Will, please-"

"Go away Lou," I said more forcefully. She opened her mouth and then shut it again. She left without another word. I sighed and left the school.

I was about to go to my car when I was pulled by someone by the back of my backpack.
I stumbled blindly backwards and tripped on a ridge in the sidewalk making me fall.
I tried to stop my fall with my hands but it just scratched them up.
I looked at my now bloody hands and then back up at me attacker.
Octavian.
He and his buddies stood over me laughing.

"Hey fag, I heard your faggy little boyfriend broke up with you? What did you do?" He asked and spit on me. I wiped the spot off of my cheek and growled at his words.

"It's none of your business," I mumbled and tried to get up but he kicked my chest making me fall back down, hitting my head on the pavement.

"Oh I think it is,"

"Oh just go away Octavian. No one likes you anyways, so stop trying to be cool," I spat making him angry.
He lunged at me and punched me in the eye and then the jaw before standing up and shaking his fist.

"You must be really weak if that hurts you," I taunted which wasn't very smart. He glared and kicked me in the ribs extremely hard making me Yelp in pain. I shut my eyes and let the kicking from 5 people happen. I whimpered when all of a sudden it stopped I heard a few grunts and then retreating footsteps.
I cracked my eyes open to see Nico standing over me. He shook his fist and stared at where the boys had just ran to.
Then he looked down at me, about to stretch his hand out but then realized it was me.
We stared into each other's eyes for a good minute. He looked so sad. His cheeks were sunken and pale and his eyes normally intimidating brown eyes were dull.
He quickly turned and jogged off to his car.
I struggled to get up and winced when I did.

"Nico," I tried to call out but my voice died in my throat.
He jumped in his car and sped off, leaving me.
I headed off to the other side of the parking lot where my car was and jumped in.

"Will where were you- oh my god! Will what happened?" Kayla exclaimed when I started up the car.
I didn't answer so she asked again.

"Will what happened?" She repeated

"It's nothing, drop it," I said and pulled out of the parking lot. She frowned at my words but kept her mouth shut but I saw her shoot worried looks to Austin in the back.

When we got home I got out and walked into my room as fast as possible, locking the door.
I pulled out my concealer I kept in my bedside table and went to my mirror where I put it over my eye and jaw because two purple bruises on my face would raise some questions.
I finished up and unlocked the door for Austin and jumped on my bed.
I missed him so, so much.

I grabbed my phone and opened photos.
I'm the past months all of my pictures other than scenery stuff, were of Nico.

Him laughing, him sleeping, him and Maria. I tried so hard not to cry but that didn't work.
I laid down and put my head on my pillow and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up 3 hours later to my phone ringing.
I left it and it finally stopped. I closed my eyes again but opened them when it rang again.
I sighed and sat up, grabbing my phone from the pillow beside me.