Trolls

Wills pov

Nico's father put Nico in a bad mood.
He avoided his house at all costs, most of the time because his father kept trying to do 'fatherly things' with him.

Christmas was in 3 days, and I was really excited to give everybody their presents, but I was dreading the dinner.
I still haven't told my mom that I invited Nico, and now his dad as well (Nico got pissed at me for that) so I was going to tell her today. Yay fun times.
Nico and I were at the ice cream parlour we found with Riley and were sitting in the same booth as last time. I was telling him about how Lou Ellen and Cecil had finally gotten together and were dating now, and how I knew they would.
Nico was enjoying the festive chocolate peppermint ice cream next to me, listening intently.
Alena had suggested it to him last week but today was her day off so today we had Zach.

He was totally homophobic, glaring whenever he passed the table or served us and would cough things into his elbow.
When we finished we stayed for longer just to annoy him by holding hands over the table, and kissing whenever he passed.
It was a new game; how much gay stuff can you do before Zach cracks.

At one point we kissed and he came up to us and told us off;
"Do you mind," he growled,
"This is a public place,"

"I can't kiss my boyfriend when I'm on a date with him? Who made that dumb rule?" Nico asked

"Um- well,"

"Do you you kiss your girlfriend in public? Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have one," he finished and stood up and took my hand. We started to walk to the door when he asked,

"What, no tip?"
Nico stopped and let go of my hand,

"Nico," I whispered quietly.

"Oh, I must've forgotten," he said loudly. He turned and walked back over to Zach.
Zach put his hand out, expecting cash, which worked on Nico's side when he punched him in the face.

"Is that enough, I think that's about 20%," Nico said. We walked out, leaving an awestruck Zach behind us.

~~~~~~

"I didn't even hit him that hard!" Nico exclaimed in my car. We were parked in his driveway, and he was procrastinating so he didn't have to go in.

"He seemed really surprised, I don't think he was expecting it at all," I replied, chuckling.

"Yeah," Nico glanced out his house,
"Hey why don't you come in?"

"Nico, go in and talk to him, you can't stay away from him forever, he's your father," I replied, giving him a pointed look.

"Fine, if I go in though, you have to tell your mom you invited me to Christmas," he bargained.

"Ok fine, I love you," I said. I leant over to him and kissed him softly on the lips. He ran his fingers through my hair and tried to keep going but I pushed him back,

"Stop procrastinating! Go!" I pointed to his house and he sighed heavily and got out of the car. He slumped towards the door and stood there for a minute and then went in.

I loved him so much. I don't care that he was moody or standoffish. I loved him.

I sighed and then, having to stick to my plan, I drove home and walked into my house. I was ready to take any curse words that would come my way.

I walked to my mother who was in the tv room watching greys anatomy with a bowl of popcorn.
I sat beside her,

"Hey sweetie," she said without taking her eyes off the tv. I didn't know what season she was watching but someone important had just been shot and was dying.