Sleepy homework

Nicos pov

I knew something was wrong as soon as I hit the ground after being thrown into a wall. I felt the glass pierce my skin, cutting through it as easy as butter left in the sun for too long, but I was still pissed off and full of spite, so I got up and kept fighting. No one noticed the blood as it trickled down the back of my neck- my hair was too long.

I nearly passed out when I was thrown into the cop car, but said nothing to Will. I was afraid the glass had gone far enough to damage my throat, and I didn't want to make it worse. Plus, the pain was debilitating.
On the way to the police department I kept fading in and out of consciousness.

The police didn't suspect anything when I didn't speak on the ride. They probably assumed I was afraid. They finally called an ambulance after they pulled me out of the car by my locked wrists and my legs buckled. I fainted.

They found the glass, imbedded in my neck, but were too afraid to touch it in case they made it worse. They handed me over to the ambulance without another word. Obviously I didn't speak.

I knew Will would be scared. Me being in the hospital again (why is my luck so terrible??) without knowing why.
I was beyond happy when I saw him at the hospital running towards me, trying to get information on what was going on. I loved him so much.

The last thing I remember from that day was him saying, "Nico, please be ok, be strong for me ok? I love you." When I passed out from pain once again.

I woke up the next day, or what I assumed to be, while a huge amount of people circled around my hospital bed, trying to get my attention. I only heard parts of what they said, like "you need surgery" and that they were going to flip me on my stomach on a special massage-like-table so my face was out, and I could breath. Before they did so they gave me drugs to make me fall back asleep.

When I woke up the third time, the people were gone, I was on a hospital bed, and I was hit with a unreal amount of pain.
A nurse came in not much longer after that, and told me everything that I went through, that it was at the beginning of the 2nd day and at the end of tomorrow I would be able to leave, but I was not allowed to speak.
I tried to act fine around everyone, but i was terrified that I wouldn't be able to speak again. Never say 'I love you' to Will or Hazel, or have a deep conversation or sing my favourite songs.
That didn't sit well with me.

They had little to nothing to distract me with, though I had a tv and a couple books but that doesn't keep you busy all day. Usually I would kill for that chance, but I would have my phone most likely and I really wanted to get out of that hospital. I was super restless and got bored easily.
When I saw Will and hugged him, I squeezed him tightly, and listened to his breath, something I missed in these last few days.
I knew he was crying as I clutched him. He kept saying things, and I nodded along, and though I wasn't listening to the words, I was just taking in the sound of his voice.

I've been back for two days now, but Will was making me stay home, at least until until tomorrow, which was Wednesday, but I still had homework to do while I was home. Will had just dropped by to check on me after school, but had to go to the animal shelter because he didn't go on Sunday.
He had only been gone for 10 minutes when the bell rang.
I was bringing all my homework to the couch at the time so I sighed (silently) and headed to the door.
Phoenix was there, with his back pack slung over his shoulder, and his fingers fidgeted as if he was nervous. He had no reason to be, he was technically my acquaintance now. I opened up the door and waved since I can't speak.

"Hey Nico, I know you've been gone from school for a bit, and I was just wondering- well- I'm guessing you have homework and I was wondering if you wanted to do it together?" He asked, dropping his hands and putting them behind his back.
I shrugged and nodded in reply and moved to let him in.

"I'm done the stuff from Monday but I have yesterday's and today's to work on. I can help you with the stuff from Monday if you want?"
I wasn't sure how to reply that I had already done Mondays and Tuesdays, so I stuck my finger up and grabbed my phone and typed that into it and showed it to him. He read it but then raised an eyebrow in confusion (or tried too, he couldn't really raise one).

"Um, ok... why aren't you talking?"
I realized at that moment that Will didn't tell anyone what happened, and I was thankful for that, though now I had to explain to everyone.
I didn't really want to type it all out so after a moment of thought, I turned around and lifted my long hair off of the stitched cut.
I heard a small gasp, something I think he tried to cover up when I turned back around. He looked concerned and worried, but then looked angry.

"Who did that too you?" He asked angrily, defensively even, but then something like realization and more anger surfaced, "was it- was it Will?" He spat wills name like it was a disease.
I wasn't going to tell him it was Kane, because who would want to know that their sibling who they loved did something like that? I know I wouldn't, but I did not want phoenix suspecting Will did anything like that to me, (or that he even could, I could take care of myself) so I shook my head with a disbelieving look on my features.
I typed 'definitely not Will' into my phone and passed it to him. Instead of replying verbally, he typed back 'what happened then?' Was Will the only thing he could think of??
I typed quickly 'I got in a fight' and he nodded understandingly, but I doubt he had ever gotten into a fight. He seemed too nervous and nice.
I waved him over to the couch and gestured for him to sit down.
He did so I walked to the kitchen, got a bag of chips and returned.

Phoenix, although I would never admit it to his face, or anyone else's, was actually fun to be around. He had a good sense of humour and was always kind, but he always seemed cautious and nervous, like he needed to be careful around me.
I have a sarcastic sense of humour. I could care less if someone came up to me on the street and called me a piece of shit. I dont care if I get in a fight every so often, though I'd rather not get a permanent scar from it.

Phoenix had to leave what seemed like it was as soon and Will came back from the shelter. Literally, as soon as he heard the car he stood up and said he needed to go home. No other reason why.
I was ok with it though, because I wanted to see Will. As much as Phoenix is a blast, Will will always be my favourite.
When he entered, he passed Phoenix who mumbled a goodbye, and I walked forwards and hugged him tightly. I was extremely tired, probably from the painkillers, so when I hugged Will, I technically collapsed on him.
He chuckled and took me to the couch and sat me beside him before switching on a movie.

"What did you do with Phoenix?" He asked, so I pointed lazily at the finished homework and snuggled closer to him. He played with my hair, and I think he may have braided it, but I can't be sure because I fell asleep.

A/n
I'm sorry. I know it's short but I still have this disgusting block on my brain labeled 'grieving' that won't let me write this book but keeps spewing ideas for a million other. But I don't have writers block, my writer just hates the clock😂
Sorry.
Anyways I needed to finish this so I can give a shoutout to my best fangirl buddy solangel_o  because it's her birthday and I hope she has a amazing day!!!!!

Ok hunk muffins, love
You all!

Thea