Hospitals, baking and other stuff

Nicos pov

"Ok you may see her now. We have discovered she is in a coma and there is no telling when she'll wake up," a doctor told us a day later. Wills family hasn't left the hospital since Riley was hurt, which I guess was ok since school was cancelled because of the damage and we wouldn't be going back for another week or two.

I followed them into the room, holding Wills hand on the way. He thought Rileys injury was but because of him, and he should have gone there immediately after, and I kept telling him there was nothing he could have done, but he doesn't believe me.

"Oh god," Naomi started to cry all over again, and left the room at the sight of her unconscious daughter.
I loved Riley, and seeing her like this made me really sad, but Will was worse, and tears sprung to his eyes once again.

"It's ok," I whispered into his ear and rubbed his back.

"It's not ok, Nico, none of this is ok," he cried and turned so he was facing me and put his head on my shoulder. I stood there for a minute, unsure of what to do, but then I hugged him and led him out of the room.

I brought him to my house and to the kitchen where he sat on one of the island stools. His face was red and his eyes were puffy, but he had stopped crying,

"What are we doing?" He asked, voice cracking at the end. I was standing at the other side of the island and staring at him,

"We are going to bake," I replied as if this was a normal occurrence.

"Why?"

"Because whenever I was sad when I was younger, I would bake with Bianca, so I'm pretty good with food, even though I'm to lazy most of the time to actually do it... Whatever! I know how to make a ton of stuff but since it's about time for brunch, let's make pancakes!" I said and his eyes seemed to brighten a bit. I loved how I could make him happier just by saying the word pancakes.

"Pancakes?"

"Yes,"

"With syrup?"

"Of course! And we I also add strawberries and whip cream sometimes," I said and he chuckled lightly

"What's with you and whip cream?"

"I like sugar, don't judge me," I said defensively and started to pull out ingredients. I make pancakes home made, so I grabbed flour, eggs, butter and milk.
I started mixing the ingredients  only enough for two pancakes and put them on the pan, and as I waited I cut up some strawberries.
I threw those In a bowl and went back to the pancakes.
I flipped the pancakes and felt arms snake around my waist. Will rested his head on my shoulder from behind me and I kissed his cheek.
Once the pancakes were finished I flipped them on to our plates and started to put syrup and strawberries and whip cream on mine.

"What is this? Will exclaimed once I set done the one pancake in front of him.

"A pancake?" I asked, unsure what he was getting at

"No no no no. We can't have only one pancake! Come on let's make more," he said and stood up going to the ingredients again. I sighed with a smile, happy that he was happy and followed him.
I stood beside him and was all of a sudden hit with a face full of flour.

"Will!" I spluttered and wiped my face. He was laughing so I walked over to the pantry and grabbed the other bag of flour and threw some at him.
It turned into a full out flour fight at whipping handfuls of flour at each other until we were both covered in it and had a thick layer on our hair making it look like it was white. My bag ran out before his so I grabbed a egg and threw it and it hit his chest. He looked at it with fake shock as if he had been shot and set the almost empty bag of flour on the counter and put his hands up.