Smiles

Nicos pov

With all the craziness of the earthquake and Phoenix and Kane moving in, me and Will never ended up working in our history a week or so back. It was Sunday, and we were on my floor doing homework. I was cross legged, frowning at my paper with my glasses on and Will was on his stomach kicking his legs back and forth (how he didn't know he was gay still confuses me)
Will slammed his pencil on his paper with a huge smile,

"Done!" He exclaimed, jumped up and stretched widely. I put the period on the last sentence and finished mine as well.

"Ugh that was torture, why were essays invented?" I asked and flopped onto my back. My hair was in my face so I pushed it back with my fingers and allowed myself to be helped up by Will. We ended up hugging in the middle of the room with my head rested on his shoulder.

"I have to go home neeks," Will whispered In my ear,

"No, do you have to?" I asked and looked at his sky blue eyes. He kissed my nose and I wiped it off with the back of my hand.

"Ya, I do. I have to drive my siblings to school tomorrow and I have another volley ball practise, and I want you to have a good sleep," he replied and I groaned. I didn't want him to leave but I knew he couldn't stay over every night, cause he had a life too, not just me.

"Ok, but I probably won't sleep well without you,"

"Good bye Nico," he un attached himself from me and started to clean up his stuff.

"But-"

"Good bye sweety pie," he kissed my forehead affectionately as I scrunched my nose up in disgust, even though I secretly loved it, and shook my head back and forth.

"No, don't do that," I said and he chuckled, waved and left the room. I heard him jump off the stairs and say goodbye to Hazel and then the sound of the door closing indicated that he left. I went to my window and knocked on my window to get his attention before he got in his car. He looked up and saw me waving at him and blew a kiss at me and mouthed 'I love you'. I smiled and mouthed 'I love you too' and he smiled brightly at me, then got in his car and drove away.
I sat on my window seat for a while after that, just thinking.
Will had many different smiles. Smiles he gave to strangers that made them smile back, smiles he gave to his friends when he was happy, surprised smiles and smiles he gave his family that were soft yet bright.
The smile he gave me was different though. Well sometimes it varied, from amusement when he laughs at me for something I've done or joy when we are doing something fun together, but when he is looking right at me he always gives me this one smile that lights up the room and is filled with so much happiness and love. I am actually jealous of how much emotion he can show in just a simple smile. His smiles make me feel whole and happy and loved. It lifted me up when I felt down. I have never seen him give the smile to anyone else and that made it that much more special to me. It made me feel special.

~~~

I ended up falling asleep on the window seat and woke up stiff and cold the next morning. It was earlier than I usually woke up so I took a warm shower to relax my muscles and prepped myself. My hair was gelled, all my earrings were in, on my ears, lip and eyebrow and my aviators jacket was shrugged on over a black shirt. I had jeans with rips In them and black and white converse. I felt over all very good and when I looked in the mirror I realized I looked pretty nice in a edgy, bad ass sort of way. I didn't even have bags under my eyes.
I hopped down the stairs light heartedly and made eggs for myself since I was actually hungry for once, and fed mrs. O'leary and Maria.
While I was finishing my breakfast the bell rang, and even though I know it wouldn't be, I really hoped it would be Will. He would top off my good day.
Since it was still half an hour before school, I thought I would drive around for a bit so I shouldered my backpack and walked to the front door.