Camping is great, s'mores are messy

Nicos pov

I hated not being able to speak. It was infuriating, around people especially if they didn't know I couldn't speak.
even though I hated not voicing my opinion in class or laughing when Will said something funny, I was also scared to death of what would happen if I tried to speak. What if nothing happened and I permanently scared myself. What if I never spoke again? Would I have to learn ASL?
I was supposedly supposedly allowed to speak 3 days ago but i didn't want to risk it.
I was quiet sometimes but that doesn't mean I didn't like to laugh or say 'I love you' to Will. That would be something i missed.
Thinking about Will, he confronted me the other day about how I was being distant.

At the time, We were on another walk, this time heading to my house after school, with Kayla and Austin. He made us fall behind, so he could talk to me with less intruders. The past week I had been really quiet (not just because I couldn't speak) and I was less charismatic, I didn't try to join conversations, and if Will or Phoenix tried to come over I'd blow them off (or try to with Will, but it was difficult with him)
"Nico," he said, looking troubled, though still adorable with his wind blown hair because the wind was high that day.
"I know it's really hard, and that your going through a rough time, but please, I'm begging you, stop pushing me away. I just want to help you, that's all I ever want to do, I love helping you but you hate help. I know that. But I love you and I want to help, so please let me, don't shut your self out,"
He had stopped us and was staring into my eyes, his bright on my dark ones.
"I know you can't answer me, but I really want you to think about this, and think! Only a few more days!"

I nodded and smiled as he took my hand but then pulled me into a hug, but without a hand behind my neck like he did sometimes, so he didn't hurt me. His calloused hands were gentle.

After that we agreed to go on a date on Saturday, though we weren't sure what we really wanted to do, until today, when Will decided we should go camping. I had only been camping a few times, when I was very small, with Bianca and mama, in Italy, which was always fun, but thinking about it made me nostalgic.

Now I was getting ready to go, at my house and Will at his. I had my bag packed with a change of clothes, pyjamas, and all the other necessities.
I wasn't really sure where we were going, but Will said he knew a spot and it was really nice so I agreed. It would get cold though, and even though Will had a tent and sleeping bags, I was packing two extra large blankets just in case it got cold.
Will texted me he was coming so I zipped up my bag, grabbed my coat and shoes and ran down the steps. In the kitchen,
I went in the cupboard and grabbed marshmallows, and a few bags of chips.
I had my computer, obviously, because I had some downloaded movies on it that we could watch, plus a few seasons of three different shows.

The doorbell rang, which I guess it didn't occur to me that Will had a key, so I grabbed bags and jacket and hurried over. I was actually really excited.
I balanced all my bags on my arms difficultly to open the door, and the smile on my face faded slightly when I did.
Phoenix was there with homework again (are all friends like this- wait, not friends, acquaintances).
"I was wondering if you wanted to do homework but it seems like your busy, sooo," he trailed off as Wills car pulled up behind him. He glanced behind himself and nodded in understanding.
I was struggling to find my phone to text what i was going to say but it was difficult considering I couldn't remember what bag I put it in.
Will hopped out of the car and jogged over, noticing my problem.

"Hey Phoenix, sorry, Nico and I are going camping so he can't do homework today, maybe on Monday," he apologized, brushing his hair behind his ear. He looked exceptionally nice today, though I don't know what it was. His hair was the same as it always was, though his eyes were brighter, and had a sparkle to them. He was obviously super excited and was bouncing on his toes, and then shimmied past Phoenix to grab one of my three bags (the one with blankets).