1 - new

Bad Things by Meiko

September

I stand in front of my bathroom sink. My soft black towel is wrapped tightly around me as I had recently gotten out of the shower. The mirror glued to the wall is all fogged up by the steam that emitted from the hot water.

I lean over the dark marble counter and glide my hand across the surface. I place my palms on the counter.

My reflection stares back at me in a solemn glance. I get lost in my own cerulean eyes. The colour itself is astonishing. Like an endless sea of blue, one that never ceases run.

I let out a sigh before gathering my wet blonde hair over my shoulder so it falls against the soft material of my towel.

I turn off the lights and walk down the hall towards my bedroom.

Once I'm inside I close the door shut and walk further into the room. I unwrap my towel and hang it up behind my closet door.

My feet pad over the old wooden floor and I pull open my drawer filled with undergarments.

I grab a fresh pair of underwear and a plain black bra. I slip them on before continuing my daily routine.

I throw on a white short sleeve shirt that stops about my mid stomach over my head and pull up my black ripped jeans over my legs.

My phone begins to flash from my dresser and I quickly grab it to see a text from my best friend.

Pam:
I'll be at your place in 10, be ready!

I lock my phone and place it into my back pocket. I grab a pair of socks and headphones as I walk out of my bedroom.

I walk down the stairs and put on my socks. I grab my burgundy low cut chucks and lace up the old worn out shoes.

I head down the hall and into the kitchen to pour myself a bowl of Lucky Charms with milk. I lean against the stove as I eat my breakfast.

Senior year begins today for me at Blackgate High. I could easily say I'm excited for my last year of high school but that would be lying to myself. Something I do on the daily basis.

I'm just hoping to get this semester over and done with. I just have to survive this year and then I'll be out before I know it, hopefully.

My phone starts to buzz against the metal of the kitchen stove snapping me out of my head.

I pull it out to see another text from Pam. She's outside.

I take the last spoonful of cereal into my mouth before placing it into the sink.

On my way towards the entrance I grab my navy blue duffle bag from the closet and throw the strap over my shoulder.

I unlock the front door and walk out. I lock it behind me before giving Pam a small smile and wave.

I open the backseat of her deep green Jeep Wrangler and chuck in my bag. Then open the passenger door and hop inside.

"Hey Pammy" I give her a smile and she returns it with a little less glee.

"Harley" she nods as she places the car back into drive and we start to head down the road, my house looking smaller and smaller by the minute in the rear view mirror.

I flip through the various radio channels before settling on one that softly plays a catchy song.

"How's your summer been?" I ask her and lean my arm on the rest in between us.