52 - the return

It was as if I never even went on a break. I wake up even before my alarm could ring. I can thank my hyperactive brain for that, barely slept. I was too busy thinking about Jack.

A small part of me secretly hopes that day in his apartment was the last time I saw Jack but a larger, more dominant part hopes to see him walking down the halls.

But, those are thoughts that I can think about later. Right now I need to focus on getting out of bed.

I wash up quickly and throw on a pair of jeans and a simple shirt.

Just as I reach the bottom of my stairs I notice that my moms keys are gone, she probably left for work already. The doorbell rings not a minute later after that thought. I twist the lock and open the door.

Pam stands on my doorstep with her bag on her forearm. I rest my head against my doorframe.

"How can I be of service to you Ms. Pam?" she shoves her phone into my face and shoves past me, walking into my house.

I grab the phone out of her hand, "Good morning to you to", I shake my head and take a look at what she was trying to show me.

It's a conversation between Pam and someone else. I read through the texts.

"And you're sure that he's back? He might be back in Gotham but not necessarily returning back to school." I hand her back her phone and make my way to the kitchen.

I open the pantry door and take out the cereal box filled with froot loops. I grab two bowls knowing fully well that Pam has probably not eaten.

"Of course he's coming back to GH, where else would he go?" she takes a seat at the table in the kitchen and I shrug.

I pour cereal into both bowls and turn back around to grab the milk.

I sit down with both bowls and begin to eat in silence as she looks through her phone.

"Why hasn't he called me? He just went ghost on me. From one minute to the next he was just....gone. The least he could do was warn me in advance that he was coming." I look up from my cereal to stare at her.

"Why? So you could transfer" I tease her and she rolls her eyes. She shoves a spoonful of little colourful O's.

"No, so I could look especially hot today, you know? Give him a taste at what he's missing out on" I laugh and shake my head.

I'm pretty much dying in my seat. It's killing me that i can't just come out and ask about Jack but i can't tell her about what went down with us. As far as Pam knows it was a mutual break-up. Far from the truth.

"Harley?" I look and nod my head. "Harvey isn't the only one returning to GH" my heart has never began to beat faster than right now at this moment. Say his name, I need to hear it from someone else than me.

"Jack is coming back too" and just like that an entire blanket of immediate need to see him is set over me. but, I do my best to remain cool about it.

"Oh, that's good. I hope they both have a good first day back" I nod and shove another spoonful into my mouth.

"Maybe we should skip today and have a girls day out?" she says and reaches across the glass surface to hold my hand. I snort. "You're funny if you think i'm going to ditch my first day back so you can hide from Harvey. Pam, you don't even need to talk to him today. Seriously, no one is forcing you to" I tell her but she shakes her head.

"You're right, i can't hide from him. I need to be the bigger person and show him that his time away hasn't affected me. Just like you, Jack hasn't affected you since he left. If anything you're in better condition now then ever before" I nod but I can't agree with her. If anything I've become more obsessive if that's even possible.