56 - simmer

Pam walks into the gym in yoga pants and a loose t-shirt. She sits down on the polished floor and begins to stretch with me.

"Hey Harley" she smiles and I smile. "What's up, I heard that bio test was a real piece of work" she groans. "Oh my god, do not remind me of that. I nearly burst out crying mid-way"
I laugh at her and she rolls her eyes. That captains along with the coach walk into the large room and all of us stand up to greet them.

"Welcome to your first practice of the season girls. The boys will be playing their first game of the season this Thursday and as you guys should know it's a pretty big deal. So I need all of you to really be able to show your school spirit at the game" the coach tells us and we nod.

"Barbara have you started thinking of any moves the girls could begin to practice?" the coach turns to Barbie and she nods.

"For the beginning I need the newbies to start in the second row with the exception that me and my co-captains will be in front of them. We gotta show a fresh set of girls to get everyone hyped for the game. So, I need Pamela and Selina on opposite sides of the box so to speak." The older girls have arranged themselves in a window pattern.

"And in between Harley, Nicki and Mackenzie follow the pattern and fill in the middle."

I go next to Pam and wait for the next set of instructions.

"I was thinking that instead of going straight into the jumps like last year we were going to begin with a little dance routine and finish with tricks?"

"Uhm, we still have yet to decide on the song we'll be starting with but as of now it's a tie between, Swalla by Jason Derulo or Shy by the Magician" she purses her lips as she looks over both of the options.

"Why don't you use both?" I ask her and she looks up at me. "Why would I use both?" she asks.

"One for the dance and the other for the end when we do our tricks" i shrug and Pam nods in acceptance.

"Yeah i vote for that too" she says and the coach asks the rest of the squad on what they think.

She gets a few nods and it's decided.

The first song plays and it has a beat that we could dance to. The only down side is that i'm probably going to be shaking my ass by the end of this. Great.

"Alright we're going to show you what we have so far and then you're going to do it with me. Sound good?" Barbara says and we nod.

Love in a thousand different flavours,
I wish that i could taste them all tonight.

The first beats begin to hit her right arm sticks out to the side followed by the left one doing the same. Her right arm goes up diagonally on the next beat and after the left one goes up on its side diagonally too.

Her hands slide down her body and down her legs till they hit her shoes and on the way down her hips shake when the beat picks up.

She flips her hair and stands straight.

Now I ain't got no dinner plans,
So you should bring all your friends,

She rolls her upper body to the left and to the right while her hands glide down her sides to the beat.

I swear that-a-all y'all my type.