81 - ready?

I step out of the shower and grab my black towel. I wrap it around my torso as my feet touch the rug. I reach for my smaller towel to throw up my hair in. I step forward onto the cold tiled floor and look into the mirror. I pass my hand over the glass, wiping the condensation off.

I grab my brushes and spread them onto the granite top. I'm not very fond of foundation or concealer so I just jump onto eyeshadow.

I can't go for a smokey eye because then I'll just look like a raccoon. But I do want something that matches the ongoing theme for tonight. So I am for a more subtle approach.

I grab my eyeshadow palette and dip my brush into a nude colour. I spread it all over my eyelid and then go for a more shimmery colour. Kind of like a champagne gold tone. I spread it around the middle and then dip into a silver colour. I place that on the inside of my eye.

To finish off the eyeshadow I blend the champagne with the nude.

Next I grab my eyeliner and do a simple wing. I take a risk and outline the end just a tad bit more.

I grab my eyelash curler and mascara. I place my eyelid against the cool metal and squeeze the tongs together as they curl my eyelashes. I do the same to the other side before passing the brush through my eyelashes. Then I grab my eyebrow gel which also holds some tint in the liquid. I comb my eyebrows out and smile. Just one more thing missing.

I grab my red lip liner and line the outside of my lips before going in with an equally red lipstick. To finish the entire look off I grab my red lip gloss and pass it just once over my lips.

I put away my brushes along with my makeup

I put away my brushes along with my makeup. I clean off the ones that I used before placing them in their container on the sink counter as they dry.

I bend over and take off the towel on my head.

My blonde hair is matted down to my head and onto my shoulders. I grab the tips and look at them carefully. I think it's time for a trim. Should've scheduled an appointment earlier this week. I look closer and inspect my roots. The dark brown has begun to grow back.

I bend down and grab both my blow dryer and my curler and plug them both into outlets on the wall. As I wait for my curler to heat I get started by drying off my hair.

The hot air blows through my blonde strands and I lean against the counter. After a couple of minutes or so my hair is dry and my curler is heated.

After curling each strand I take a look at my phone and nearly shit my pants at the time.

7:33 pm

Jack is going to be here soon and I still haven't even gotten dressed.

Quickly I wrap everything up and store it back under the sink.

I walk back to my room and begin to get ready.

I pause once my undergarments are on. I grab the red garter straps from my bed and clip them onto my underwear. I pull the pantyhose up my legs and clip the straps onto them.

I walk to my closet to grab my red dress from the hangar. I unzip it and step inside of it.

Once it's up my body I slip my arms through the holes and do my best to raise the zipper. I huff and give up by the third try.

"Mom!" I yell but revive no answer back. Great.

My phone vibrates against my dresser and I grab it.

"Hello?" I say into the phone as I walk out of my room, holding the dress up to my chest while the back remains unzipped.

"Are you almost ready?" Selina says into my ear as I walk down the stairs.

"Uh..yeah just putting the finishing touches how about you?" I chuckle and spot my mom in the kitchen.

I motion for her to help me with my dress but she just stares at me.

"That's great Kyle, can I call you back in two seconds" I ask, interrupting Selina.

"Could you zip up the dress? I can't reach and it's almost time for me to leave" I tell her and she snaps out of her gaze.

"Sorry it's just, you look so beautiful" I smile and turn around as she sips up the gown.

I turn around and smoothen it out.

I smile as I watch my mother tear up.

"You're beautiful" she tells me and I pull her into my arms.

"Well you created me" I tease and she holds onto me tighter.

"I love you" my chest constricts and I can feel the tears brim my eyes.

"Yeah...I love you too" I say back and she places a kiss on my temple.

"Finish getting ready I want a picture" I walk back up to my room. I our on the rest of my accessories including a few bangles, rings, necklaces and of course earrings.

I grab my black heels and take them downstairs.

As I walk down the steps I look outside the window to see a familiar car pull up. Jack.

I put on the heels and call for my mom.

She comes with her phone in her hand.

"Go act like your coming the stairs" i laugh and roll my eyes. She records me as I walk downtown eh steps and I smile.

"Okay now pause and put your hand on your hip and the other on the railing" She takes a couple of pictures, each with a slightly different pose before she's satisfied.

My phone begins to ring and I see that it's Jack calling. I grab my black clutch and unlock the door. I feel a hand grab at my elbow and I look back.

"Be safe" she says to me and I nod. I plant a kiss on her cheek.

"Are you sure you don't want a picture with the two of us?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"You know how I feel about him. Something about him just...makes me uneasy" I scoff and chuckle.

"You have nothing to worry about Ma, he's good" I assure her but I know it does nothing to make her feel better. Instead she opens the door and watches as I walk out.

Jack is standing against his car waiting for me.

He's dressed in a nice black suit with a black button down on with a red tie. I smile and he stares at me in awe.

"You look beautiful" I stop in front of him and twirl.

"I know" I wink and he grabs my hand.

"If your mom wasn't staring at us I would've grabbed you and pushed you up against this car to have my way with you" his eyes have grown darker and my heart begins to beat quicker.

He places a kiss on the surface innocently before slipping on my corsage with a smirk.

"Let's go"