6 - first kiss

The Beach by The Neighbourhood

"Well the good news is that nothing seems broken. The skin on your  bottom lip has been ripped so it'd be best if you didn't talk as much. You'd run the risk of opening up the wound. Wear Vaseline and polysporin for that. As for your cheek it's slightly swollen and I can see faintly a bruise rising underneath the skin. Keep an ice pack on it. You have got to be more careful from now on" she laughs while touching specific parts on my face.

"Okay well I'll be right back with your permission slips" Ms. Jones smiles at me and I nod.

Just as the door closes Jack is in front of me.

"Mind telling me just why the fuck Barbara and her little minions hurt you?" He asks me angrily.

He grips my thighs tightly as he moves to stand in between them.

"She was jealous for some reason. She kept telling me that you were hers and it was funny that I thought I could come in between you two" I stared up at him.

He chuckles before pushing a strand of hair hat fell out of place behind my ear.

"That bitch is delusional. We fucked once and she thinks we're dating. Can't a guy just sleep around without falling into a serious relationship" he smirks and a pang of jealousy flows through me.

I straighten and place my right hand on his chest. I glide my hand across the large expanse before toying with the collar. I pull down on it to see a bit of ink.

"Who did you have sex with?" I ask him nonchalantly. I look up at him and bat an eyelash in my best attempt to look innocent.

"Does it matter?" He questions me and I feel his hand rub up and down my thigh.

His fingers tug on the rips of my jeans every now and then.

I can feel his breath on the side of my face.

"Not really. Just wanted to know what skank you may of contracted an std from" I giggle before pushing him off.

He stands a few feet in front of me with a look of confusion before realization sets in.

"You're jealous" he points and laughs.

My mouth turns into a frown and I shake my head.

"No just curious. Curious as to who's dumb enough to fuck you" I spit angrily.

"Oh yeah? And why would that be?" He asks.

"Because look at you! You're an asshole who sleeps around. You said so yourself" I yell at him and he shakes his head.

"I'm not an asshole. Those girls know what they're getting into. I always tell them that I'm not looking for anything serious. So it's their fault in the end if they develop feelings for me. Not mine" once again he's standing in between my legs and I can feel his breathing on my lips.

He grabs my face roughly in his hand and I wince as the pain from my cheek hits me.

"I like you. Don't make me regret it" he says before letting my face go.

"What's that supposed to mean?" my eyebrows furrow.

"Stop acting like you know me. Stop acting like every other girl does when they find out I don't like to settle down" he says exasperated.

He steps away from me and leans against the wall across from me.

"From the moment I laid eyes on you I knew there was something different. So don't make me regret liking you" he says and I look down at my lap.

Just as I'm about to fight back the door opens and the nurse walks in.

"Here you go. If you continue to have any pains the rest of the day you can always come here and I'll gladly help. Now get to class" she smiles and I hop off the examination table.

Jack is the first one to grab the pink slip and walk out of the door. I smile at her apologetically.

"Thankyou" I say and grab the pink slip.

I am in no shape to go back to class. With a broken lip and a swollen cheek? Yeah no way.

I walk down the empty hall before pushing open the door leading to the staircase.

As I walk up the stairs I take out my phone to send a text to Pam.

I'm going home. Come over after school and I'll explain.

I shut off my phone and put it back into my pocket when I notice I reached the top.

I pull the door towards me and walk through.

Down the hall I can tell that Jack is waiting at my locker.

My phone buzzes and I pull it out as I walk down the corridor.

Pam:
Ok

I shut it off and do my combination, ignoring the boy next to me.

"Harley" he breathes out but I ignore him and proceed to stuff different types of homework in my bag.

"Hey, stop. Look at me" he urges as he knocks my duffle bag off of my shoulders.

He grabs the books that I have in hand and throws them on the ground.

I look up at him as he gently pushes me back into the locker beside mine.

His hand glides down to my lower back while the other cups my cheek gently.

The movement sends a wave of comfort throughout me and I lean against his palm.

His green eyes shine in the light and they search all over my face for an emotion that I can't figure out.

I slowly lose my patience and grab the back of his head and smash my bruised lip onto his.

I catch him by surprise before he quickly recovers and reciprocates.

Our lips move against each other and I can't help but open my mouth a little when I feel his tongue sweep gently across my bottom lip.

I glide my tongue up the middle of his and he grips my waist tighter.

I pull on the hairs on his neck and he groans.

Accidentally the action also makes him bite down on my bruised lip, hard.

I gasp and pull away. Blood begins to fill my mouth. I touch my lip to see the Crimson liquid drip off the pad of my finger.

I look up at him to see lust in his eyes and he grabs me once again.

His tongue laps up the liquid so sensually I moan.

I grip the material of his shirt as he sucks on my lip and he chuckles.

The bell signifying that the period has finished rings and in a matter of seconds the hall is swarming with students.

In the blink of an eye Jack is gone and I'm left alone to regain composure.

I can still feel my heart beat against my chest rapidly.

I touch my lip to see that there isn't any blood flowing out of the wound anymore.

I smirk and lean against the locker.

He kissed me.