85 - finale II

Blood//Water by grandson

I close my eyes for the millionth time trying to get the image out of my head. But it's no use. I can still see her lifeless body on the bed. Bound to the railings like a fucking animal. Every time I close my eyes all I see is her.

The sound of the gun piercing her skull rings through my ears like a fucking song. I look up from my lap to see we're nearing a familiar looking building.

Where are we?

He turns into a street and pulls into the parking lot of said building. It's quite empty letting me know that no one really works here anymore.

He parks the car in front of the building before getting out.

"Come on baby" he mumbles as he shuts the door behind us. His hand is currently latched onto my elbow. He's basically dragging me behind him.

"Why are we back here?" I ask him. I've been crying my heart out for the past half hour in his car. My voice is wrecked and I'm both physically and emotionally drained.

"It's where it all began" he says and I look up at the large building.

Ace Chemicals

I hadn't even realized we were here. It seems different during the day. Well, evening now.

The sun is beginning to set on the horizon. Nothing but streaks of red and pink litter the sky on half while the other is a dark blue. Almost navy.

We walk into the grungy looking building. He takes me up the stairs leading to the top of the vats above all of the hot burning fluids.

This is where we had our first date.

We arrive at the top and he loosens his grip.

"You said we would leave" I say and stop in my tracks. He looks back at me and grabs my face in his hands.

"We will baby. Soon" he promises and I nod staring into his eyes. He places a single kiss on my forehead before turning away from me.

Images of my mothers dead body flashes through my mind and my heart lurches. I hold my hand against my chest as I remember the fear in her eyes. They begged me to not follow through. But I didn't listen.

"Come" I walk towards him and he rubs his hand down my back. I look over the edge.

The railing is still gone. Ever since the accident. I guess no one has come up here to check on things. Makes sense.

Why would they replace a railing on a platform where no one goes up to?

The chemicals are bubbling and the steam emitting from the vats is making my eyes water. The colour is a sickly yellow hue.

"Jump" he whispers against my ear and I watch as it swirls down below. I look over my shoulder and he places a single kiss over his shirt. His shirt that Im still dressed in since I left his apartment. I look down to see I'm still barefoot. There's blood on the shirt and my hands. Blood from my mom. My dead mom.

I turn around and he backs away.

"Do it for me Harleykins" I look into his eyes and he nods. In the distance I hear the sirens of the police.

He looks back and looks at me.

"What did you do?" he asks and I shrug.

"You're wanted Jack. You've been driving all around town today you don't think someone saw you?" I ask him and he walks up to me.

"Do it now Harley. You need to throw yourself in there" he grabs a hold of my face.

"This is where it all began. I fell in there because you. This is because of you. Ever since that day I was not myself. My skin turned a chalky white. My hair was falling out! I couldn't feel anything since that day because of you! I am who I am because of you!" he spits in my face and I shut my eyes. I see her again

"Now it's your turn" I swallow thickly and shake my head.

"Gotham Police! Jack Napier surrender now!" I listen as the police bursts in from below and he laughs.

"Now or never cupcake" he smiles and I watch him become agitated.

Three cops walk up the stairs, guns raised towards us.

"Down on your knees now!" they yell and Jack smiles.

"Mr. Napier on your knees now!" one of them steps forward and he shakes his head. He tries to walk towards me but is warned.

"Not one more step or l be forced to shoot!" she threatens and he scoffs.

"Now Harley" he urges me. He takes a step towards me and a gunshot ripples through the air. It sounds almost identical to the gunshot that killed her. Only this sound has more of an echo. The bullet hits him at the back of his thigh. He falls to the ground and on instinct I try to walk towards him but accidentally slip.

A hand grabs onto my arm saving me from falling into the burning car of chemicals.

Jack pulls me up and brings me close to him.

"You're of no use to me dead baby" he whispers and the cops take advantage of the situation.

They grab both of his arms and throw him onto the floor. They bring his arms back and begin to cuff his hands together.

"Jack Napier you are under arrest for the murder of Kyle Shaw and the disappearance of Ashley Fisher. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so wish" they say in unison.

"I'll see you later Harls" he smiles against the floor before being hoisted back up.

"Ms. Quinzel" I see two detectives walk up from the steps as they take Jack down the stairs.

I look back down at the vats below. I can still remember his face. The fear in his eyes knowing he was about to fall in. He could've very much well died because of me.

I still remember dragging him out of the vat.

"We need you to come back for questioning" I ignore them and continue to stare down at the vats.

I watch as past Harley grabs onto past Jacks hand and drags him out of the chemicals.

I close my eyes to see her again. Lifeless. Bloody.

I look back at the detectives and they stand before me. Waiting.

About six police cars litter the parking lot that was empty nearly twenty minutes ago.

I walk outside into the evening and watch as they place him into the police car. Before going in he sends a wink my way and a smirk.

I watch as a tow truck pulls up and two guys get out of the car. They begin to impound the tires of the lambo and I watch as they hook it up with the crane.

This is it.