13 - club

Know Better by Kevin Gates

I slip on my black and white striped mini dress up my body. I fit my arms through the holes and adjust the silky material. It snaps back onto my skin like spandex. Very form fitting.

I twirl in front of my full body length mirror and bite my lip. It still needs a few accessories.

I open my small jewelry box and grab a few gold rings. I set them on the hard wood surface of my dresser.

I put on a bracelet that held a few charms. They all had no meaning behind them, just thought they looked cute.

I grab a gold chain necklace and clip it around my neck.

I look at each ring trying to decide which one would be best but end up giving up and wearing all of them on each finger. One last thing.

I grab the white heels from the foot of my bed.

I sit on the edge of the mattress and slip each foot into the shoe before tightening the metal strap at my ankle.

I skim my fingers across my four diamond tattoo I had gotten last summer. The first of many to come.

I stand up a bit wobbly before walking towards my reflection. I wink and kick up my heel. The bottom gold plate glints in the light above me.

I grab my clutch and drop my phone into it.

As I walk down the hall and descend the stairs of my two story house my mind wanders back to the last three weeks.

These past few days have been a lot fun. My..whatever it is that me and Jack have has grown. Me and Pam have been spending more time with the boys and we've developed a small bond.

Although he's tried to keep his jealousy at bay I can tell its slowly deteriorating every time I speak with a guy who isn't him. Not including Harvey of course. I can't blame him. I'm a hot piece of ass.

I haven't been easy on him either. The smallest smile he sends towards a female has me edging on the brink of fury. No girl deserve his attention but me.

I smile as I think back to a funny memory that happened not too long ago.

*Flashback*

"How do you think you did?" Bruce walked up next to me in the hallway after class.

We had just finished our History unit test and to say I was nervous to see the results was an understatement.

"I feel like I did okay. Some questions were harder then others to figure out but none of them were impossible" I tell him and he nods in agreement.

"But you gotta say that the essay was a bit difficult to write. He gave us such a short amount of information and expected us to write ten paragraphs about the topic!" He shakes his head in exasperation and I laugh.

"Wayne! We don't have all day you know" one of his friends calls out for him down the hall.

We both turn towards the origin of the voice and snicker as a teacher comes out of her classroom to scold him for disrupting her class. I laugh and assure him that it was okay for him to go.

"I'll see you in forty five minutes" he sends a friendly smile my way before rushing towards the staircase.

Just as I turn back around my heart leaps into my throat as I bump into a hard chest.