18 - kyle

My eyes were glued to the tv in front of me as the news of the dead guy Jack killed appeared.

"Police are investigating the murder of Kyle Shaw. A twenty three year old man who had been killed in cold blood in the bathroom of the newly opened nightclub in our very own downtown Gotham. We go to Annalise who is on the scene this very moment. Annalise" the anchorman said very professionally before the camera panned out to a woman in her late thirties.

She stood tall and confident with the microphone in between her hands.

"Thank you Todd. It's devastating news to hear about Kyle Shaw. Very few things were revealed to the public but I was notified that a friend of his was actually the one who found him. He was majoring in business, hopefully to one day become like his deceased father and create his own company. At the moment police have no suspects as to who would want to do this to Kyle. But hopefully inside that nightclub is some sort of evidence that can bring us closer to catching the criminal. Back to you Todd" she nodded and the camera was now back on the anchor man.

"Thank you Annalise. Now in other news, a preschool-" I tuned out the rest and I crossed my legs. I sat comfortably in the couch of my living room.

I can hear my mom washing up the dishes from breakfast.

It's been two hours since I've been back from Jack's and I'm starting to worry.

What if the police finds something that will link us to the murder?

I bite my nails as I start to panic.

I go over the night carefully in my head.

The bodyguard took a good look at me when he was checking my I.D. We've already broken a law just by using fake identification.

The bartender was hitting on me. He got a good look at me too. Jack lost his cool on him. I close my eyes as I try to remember what exactly he said.

A blurry image appeared behind my eyes and I focused on it. The voices became clearer.

"So would I. Only, my idea of a good time would end in you bleeding on the floor after I beat your face in" Jack seethes and the bartender holds his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry man, didn't know she was yours"

If the police got a hold of him he would spill about the fact that he had a very violent vocabulary. Fuck. Why did he have to be such a loud mouth?

He probably also noticed us screaming our heads off at each other. Hopefully by that time he was taking care of another customer.

We got back to our table where Pam and Harvey were. Shit! Pam, I forgot to text her. She's probably worried.

To be honest I don't exactly remember checking my phone. Yesterday or this morning. Wait, where's my phone?

I look around confused before standing up.

"Mom have you seen my phone?" I call out and I look up to see her shake her head.

She wipes her wet hands on a towel before placing them on the countertop.

"Maybe you left it in your bag?" I walked towards the front do the house and grabbed the bag Jack had given me this morning.

I looked through the small bag that didn't hold much of anything aside from my clutch and heels. Everything else was either ripped or torn by Jack yesterday.

I grab my phone and press the power button. A white apple icon appears on the black screen and I walk back to the couch. I sit down and try to remember the rest of last night.

After sitting back down me and Jack talked before he picked out a redhead. The red head would be a witness to the case but it would be pretty impossible to find her. So I could safely cross her out.

Next was Kyle, the college guy. I roughly remember him being with some people. I can't remember if they saw me or it was just Kyle who got a good look at me. But even if they had Kyle was pretty wasted and I would assume his buddies were too.

Still, one of his friends had found him. Which probably meant they were looking for him. Since the news reporter had known about it the police already knew too. The only thing is, do they know it was me?

No. No they couldn't.

"What's wrong honey? You seem deep in thought" my mom tells me from across the room. She's currently sitting on the other couch against the wall.

"I'm fine it's nothing. Just this upcoming test. It's math and you know it's not exactly my strong suit" I smile and she sips from her cup of coffee.

"Don't worry, just study and you'll be fine. I'm sure of it" she assures me and I nod.

I think back to the dance floor. Did we kiss? No. He grabbed my ass but that was it. Then I took him to the washroom.

We were very touchy feely but nothing more.

That's when Jack came in and shot him. When we were making the getaway I remember that Jack had turned the lock on the door.

I close my eyes and lean my head back on the couch. He left his fingerprints on the lock.

Although they couldn't exactly connect his fingerprints to him unless he was in the system. By the looks of him I'm pretty sure he's been in the system at least once before this.

I open my eyes and look around my living room.

They still need a witness. No one else was there except Pam and Harvey. They would never rat us out and there would be no reason for them to be included. They didn't draw attention to themselves.

I re-think the night and the only person I could come up with who could get us caught was the bartender. Jacks obnoxious remark to beating him if he gave me his number would be evidence.

He would be raised as a suspect. Then would come the need for intent. Why would Jack want to kill the college kid. Money? Insanity? Or..jealousy.

We were so unbelievably fucked.